Queensryche (Official Thread)

joe

Reaction score
Re: Queensryche

^^I understand Joe, I don't mind either of them, but when someone like "Mariah" or "Whitney" warbles on and on that Does irritate me no end.

:oyea: Oh ya, I can think of hell of alot more vocalists that are more irritating than Geoff Tate and James Labrie. Don't get me wrong, these guys are great but the odd time they hit a certain note that does make me cringe.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

^^I understand Joe, I don't mind either of them, but when someone like "Mariah" or "Whitney" warbles on and on that Does irritate me no end.

Snap! Some of my favourite male rock vocalists incorporate falsetto or at least have such a vocal range as to be able to hit tantalisingly high notes. Geoff's ability to do this is one of the reasons I love his voice so much (along with how he goes real deep and sexy too :flirt) His vocals on tracks such as Suite Sister Mary from Mindcrime send a shiver down my spine, absoultely fantastic voice :grinthumb Yet when it comes to female singers, their high pitched warbling does tend to bug the hell out of me, and nobody grates through me more than Mariah Carey - listening to her music is like hearing nails down a chalkboard to me. I do have a few exception like Kate Bush, whose voice I love, but usually I just can't be doing with it.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I have mixed feelings about this band. I love their EP and everything up until Operation Mind Crime but I find Empire to be a bit too commercial for my taste though it does have a few really outstanding tracks on it.

After that one I think they are just wasting their talent on boring radio fair.
OMC II is pretty good though IMO. I have seen these guys 3 times so I'm obviously a BIG fan of the earlier material ...my favorites are Warning and Rage For Order .

taha

Reaction score

I have mixed feelings about this band. I love their EP and everything up until Operation Mind Crime but I find Empire to be a bit too commercial for my taste ........

After that one I think they are just wasting their talent on boring radio fair.
OMC II is pretty good though IMO..

Didn't they loose DeGarmo after Empire. Without him I sorta backed off of Q' Ryche too......

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Chris DeGarmo left after 1997's release "Hear in the New Frontier". There were numerous stories about him forming another band but as far as I know he retired from music and is now an airplane pilot.(He did make an unofficial appearance on 2003's "Tribe" but didn't stick around.)

taha

Reaction score

He writes w/ Geoff regularly, but refuses to tour, bummer

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^That happens to quite a few talented people, they just get tired of being on the road and dealing with all the politics being in a band entails. I think Chris can rest on his body of work and just do whatever he wants, I didn't realize he still wrote with Geoff though, they had some great times together over the years.

Kuaizi

Reaction score

mmmm love me some Queensryche!
Surprised nobody likes any tracks from Promised Land. First album I heard was Empire (thanks to MP many years ago, I taped it from his vinyl and played the hell out of it). The next I ended up picking up was Promised Land, and I think it's a really solid album and I still enjoy it to this day though I do think the earlier albums are better.

Damaged

Bridge

Vocals are SOOO good on this track! (aren't they all though with Geoff?)
MP Edit: Video removed from Youtube

Lady Jane

For me, this is the last Queensryche album I like from front to back. The other ones I own (post Promised Land, I have all the earlier ones of course!) are Q2K and Tribe, and they are both bland and weak, with only a couple tracks I come back to every now and then. Pretty much after my disappointment with Tribe (I feel the mixing on the album just sounds off, and 90% of the songs bored me :zzz: ) I have given up on Queensryche, and I have saved my money for better quality music elsewhere. Which is sad to me, cause they used to be SO stinkin' good!!!! :wa

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

^^ Love lady Jane and Promised Land...Operation II and American Soilder are pretty good...but yeah I say it all the time. If Queensryche wants to be REALLY great again they need to focus on what they did from the first EP and the three that followed. That was their best writing.

Though it may be the big MTV breakthrough, Empire was solid as well.

Yeah I don't know what happened...as far as the hooks and spine chilling arrangements they used to have. Sometimes experimentation is a good thing and sometimes it's a bad thing. I do have everything since Promised Land....Open off of Tribe is a cool track. :grinthumb

Kuaizi

Reaction score

Yeah I don't know what happened...as far as the hooks and spine chilling arrangements they used to have. Sometimes experimentation is a good thing and sometimes it's a bad thing. I do have everything since Promised Land....Open off of Tribe is a cool track. :grinthumb

That and the track Tribe are the only two I actually like from that album. I gave the whole thing a few listens too to see if it would grow but it never did lol

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online