2006 Operation: Mindcrime II
2007 Take Cover
2009 American Soldier
2011 Dedicated to Chaos
2013 Queensryche
2015 Condition Human
2019 The Verdict
2022 Digital Noise Alliance

Been meaning to get around to this band for the last week, this one is for Taha who I know is a big fan.:grinthumb

Formed in Bellevue Washington in the early 80's, they went through the usual growing pains that most new bands experience, and then lightning struck. It is amazing how many bands start up and struggle and then fade away, probably far more end up that way than become a success and when Queensryche released their first two albums, it didn't look like they were going anywhere either. Then it happened, one of the best Heavy Metal albums ever recorded and it was a concept album to boot released in 1988, Operation Mindcrime. This one record lifted the band out of the doldrums and propelled them to become a major player in the hard rock metal arena, and I am so glad they did.

I usually write my threads in chronological order as much as possible, but in this case Operation Mindcrime was my First Queensryche album and I never did pick up their first two releases. If another fan can fill in the gaps for me I would be in their debt.

Spreading the Disease.

Last edited by a moderator:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Queensryche

:oy:

Queensryche fan here!!! My band mate Pat Catalano is a die hard fan!! I remember being blown away by the EP as that was my first introduction through a magazine add...I believe it may have even been Kerrang!

Lord's gonna get around to the beginning I'm sure so I'll just add one tune!!!

Nightrider

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I need your expertise MP or Taha's I don't have the first two albums...:blush:

Great song you posted thanks.:rock:

Muzoid

Reaction score

First release was a self titled 4 song EP:
Queensryche (1983)...re-released in '89 with a 5th song on CD

Then first studio album:
The Warning (1984)

Then second studio album:
Rage for Order (1986)

Then came Mindcrime.

Huge fan from the very first time Queen Of The Reich was played on Q107 FM Toronto...I still can remember the day, where I was, and what I was doing.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

From Wilki

When the original EP was recorded in 1982, Queensrÿche did not even exist. The band was then known as The Mob, and their lineup consisted of guitarists Chris DeGarmo and Michael Wilton, bassist Eddie Jackson and drummer Scott Rockenfield. Vocalist Geoff Tate was the lead singer of another local band, Myth. He had performed with The Mob on a few occasions, and was asked to join the band for the EP's recording sessions.

When Queensrÿche was released, it sold extremely well for an independent release, and received a glowing review in Kerrang! magazine. Soon after, Tate left Myth and joined Queensrÿche as their full-time vocalist. In the summer of 1983, Queensrÿche signed with EMI, who re-released Queensrÿche. The EMI version is nearly identical to the one released on 206 Records.

To support the EP, Queensrÿche embarked on their first tour and opened for Quiet Riot, Dio and Twisted Sister. The tour ended in November, and soon after the band began preparations for their first full-length album, The Warning.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Myth Demo 1982 ft. Geoff Tate

Lineup :
Geoff Tate (Vocals)
Randy Gane (Keyboards)
Kelly Gray (Guitars)
Jimmy Parsons (Drums)
Richard Gibson (Bass)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Thanks MZ, and nice background of the formative phase MP, I didn't know any of the details.:grinthumb

taha

Reaction score

I burned up the first one, so I bought a second, which to this day is a perfect LP.

The Lady wore Black was my fav,,they were so different back in the 80's

Last edited:

taha

Reaction score

Empire is another which is great, it was hard to see them move on w/ out Digarmo

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

From the sounds of those songs I will probably have to pick up the first two CD's as well.

It was sad that Chris left Taha, but that is life in a rock band unfortunately.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Members online

No members online now.