Queensryche (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Queensryche

Nice to see another Queensryche fan in here Architect.

Operation Mindcrime is my favorite as well...and thinking man's/woman's metal is a good way to describe them.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Has anyone heard the original Gonna Get Close To You? :grinthumb

DALBELLO

joe

Reaction score

"Queen of the Reich", IMO is one the greatest heavy metal songs from the 80's. Operation Mindcrime, no question is one the founding albums of the prog/metal genre. I will say that Geoff Tate's vocals are irritating at times.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

DALBELLO

I used to have Lisa Dalbello's debut album on vinyl years ago, she was good but really didn't go anywhere.

Really Joe, I like Geoff Tate's vocals, he is versatile and can belt out the songs or pull back and just coast, he is one of my top ten metal vocalists for sure.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

DALBELLO

No hadn't heard that before, I like it, but prefer Queensryche's cover.

Apart from Eyes of a Stranger, my other favourites from Mindcrime are

Removed dead videos

So asmospheric, kinda spooky and Geoff Tate's vocals are amazing :grinthumb

I have a couple of their albums on Vinyl (The Warning and Rage for Order) and a coule on CDs (Operation: Mindcrime and Empire), I really need to get some more as I've had a real resurrgance of interest in them. I think at the time I so loved Mindcrime, I had just such high expectations for Empirie, but was left disappointed. That's why I didn't buy any more of their albums. I will do now though, so if anybody can make a recommendations for which album to buy after Empire, please recommnend away!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Even though it took some heat from fans and critics I liked Operation Mindcrime part II. It finishes off the story and the production values are good. I am a completionist as well so I want to know how the story ends.

I'll have to check my library to see which ones I have Tray, sometimes having 1,000's of albums laying around causes me to forget exactly what I have and by who...:bonk:

:D

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

Thanks LG, I was actually thinking of getting Operation: Mindcrime II for my next album

joe

Reaction score

I used to have Lisa Dalbello's debut album on vinyl years ago, she was good but really didn't go anywhere.

Really Joe, I like Geoff Tate's vocals, he is versatile and can belt out the songs or pull back and just coast, he is one of my top ten metal vocalists for sure.

LG, he's a great vocalist but there are times, epecially when he reaches in the higher octaves that it does abrade me. Similar to that of James Labrie when he does the same. I'm a fan of both bands, especially DT.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I understand Joe, I don't mind either of them, but when someone like "Mariah" or "Whitney" warbles on and on that Does irritate me no end.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online