Queensryche (Official Thread)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Re: Queensryche

I was given two complimentary tickets for Queensryche by a guy who won them in a shooting mag competition. I didn't know much about the band so I took along a mate, they put on a cracker of a show and later I found out they were one of my girlfriends favourite bands. Top band though...

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

On the other side, I fell asleep to them at Donnington in 1991, maybe I will give them another go sometime...

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Sweaty! my friend QUEENSRYCHE are pure class....i will borrow you a few albums/videos etc. You cannot ignore this band...i remember one writer calling them the "thinking mans " metal band and that is a great compliment. What does worry me is that i have heard from a few people who have seen them live and been dissapointed. I have only seen them once [ at donington monsters of rock festival ] and put it down to wrong band in wrong enviroment. I MUST see them again....

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Listen to Lou Sweaty, get a hold of Operation Mindcrime and Empire, give them a listen, if you don't like either of those albums I would be shocked.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Hey nice to see you Taha.:D

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

On the other side, I fell asleep to them at Donnington in 1991, maybe I will give them another go sometime...

I think you must have been very kettled to fall asleep to Queensryche Sweat, they are the dogs b0110x!

I remember way back, must have been early summer '88, listening to the Friday Night Rock Show with Tommy Vance on Radio 1 and he kept going on about this brilliant band, promising to play a few tracks from their latest album Operation: Mindcrime later on in his show. Well on they came, and I was blown away! I couldn't wait to get to the shops to buy the album! Then I played it over and over...and over. Talk about :bow:

Oh and Sweaty, I agree with what LG said - give Mindcrime and Empire a listen (I can lend them you if you like!) and see if you change your opinion!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

That's a great idea Tracey, between all of us maybe we can get Sweaty interested, or at least listen to them when he isn't "Kettled"...:grinthumb

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score

Sweaty! my friend QUEENSRYCHE are pure class....i will borrow you a few albums/videos etc. You cannot ignore this band...i remember one writer calling them the "thinking mans " metal band and that is a great compliment. What does worry me is that i have heard from a few people who have seen them live and been dissapointed. I have only seen them once [ at donington monsters of rock festival ] and put it down to wrong band in wrong enviroment. I MUST see them again....

I actually have a RIP magazine from the late 80's with them on the cover. And I think that is the article which called them "thinking mans metal". I have also heard them compared loosely to Pink Floyd. I guess it was around the time of Silent Lucidity, possibly comparing it to Comfortably Numb, cause it is quite epic.

However I believe their greatest work was probably Operation: Mindcrime.

My fave songs by Mr. Tate and Co.

Eyes of a Stranger

Anybody Listening

Resistance

taha

Reaction score

eyes of a stranger is one of my all time favorite songs, the guitar work in that song rocks.......

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online