Pink Floyd (Official Thread)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
24xq98w.jpg

Does anyone know, has there been any sort of announcement(s) regarding a DVD/Bluray of Roger Waters The Wall tour from last year?

A live concert CD would be pretty cool, but I would love to see the visuals in hi-definition from these shows.

gguerra

Reaction score
24xq98w.jpg

Does anyone know, has there been any sort of announcement(s) regarding a DVD/Bluray of Roger Waters The Wall tour from last year?

A live concert CD would be pretty cool, but I would love to see the visuals in hi-definition from these shows.

I have always wondered myself whether "The Wall" would be released on Blu.. On a related note, I have seen and recorded (On my DVR) the movie in HD which is broadcasted on the Retro Channel which I have on my Dish Network channel 379. It is broadcast in 1080i and includes Dolby Digital audio. It is not quite 1080p with DTS HD but it's a lot better than standard definition.

"The Wall" apparently has been announced but with not date yet
Pink Floyd The Wall Blu-ray (United Kingdom)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^How much different is it from the original GG?

gguerra

Reaction score
The original?? the HD broadcast on satellite is visually superior to the standard definition DVD but not as good as a 1080p Blu Ray would be.. Sound wise the DVD and satellite would be about equal since they both use compressed audio. The Blu Ray however would be un-compressed audio probably in DTS-HD or Dolby Tru-HD. Here is a page explaining the different formats found on Blu Ray discs.

Blu-ray soundtracks - Blu-ray: CNET's Quick Guide - CNET Reviews

I did see "The Wall" in 1982 at a Northpark Mall Theatre in Dallas in 70mm Dolby and still remember to this day as breathtaking. So anything on the small screen may not compare. It remains to be seen.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Still, I'm not talking about the movie, but rather Roger Waters' concert tour from the past couple of years where he performed the album in it's entirety, with the visual in the big, wide background as shown in the picture I posted

gguerra

Reaction score
Still, I'm not talking about the movie, but rather Roger Waters' concert tour from the past couple of years where he performed the album in it's entirety, with the visual in the big, wide background as shown in the picture I posted

Sorry, Lynch..

The following is a quote from here Read More: Roger Waters Plans New Solo Album, Live DVD from ‘Wall’ Tour

As previously rumored, there are indeed plans to capture the current ‘The Wall’ tour for a DVD release. Responding to a question from a listener, Waters said “we’ve been filming almost everything as we go along, remorselessly. We filmed for a week when we did shows in Athens and we were filming all over South America, so yeah, there will definitely be a DVD of this whole experience coming up in the near future.”

Dan

Reaction score
^jesus the guitar solos are alive and speak^so much heart and feeling

They get more powerful the older you get i reckon. I think you may be hooked for life as i got the animals addiction about 20 yrs ago and still haven't shaken it.
Although i only play it once or twice a week now(age does teach some a little control)

Animals IMHO is the best album ever in my book.

Beware too much floyd can seriously expand your mind and deprive you of time (use in moderation).

Dan

Reaction score
P.s. You should leave pigs on a wing 1 and 2 on it and play it as a whole album. Then the story and lyrics will really make sense.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
This is a poor video, but it contains a great performance of Echoes played at JFK Stadium in Philadelphia on 19th Sept 1987. There is a boot, I think called Prism, but I have not heard a good quality version (although I am sure it must exist).

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online

No members online now.