Pink Floyd (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^As far as I know Roger has just completed(or nearly) another world tour with his latest updated "Wall" show. When he goes again is anyone's guess but just about everyone who knows him says he's more content with things now than ever before.

Gilmour I'm not so sure, I think he's still very active in England playing small clubs etc., whether he wants to do a big tour is a good question. As you get older it's simply a matter of energy and going on the road for months is not much fun.

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
There will probably be new albums from both of them this year. There would surely be gigs of some description to promote them, though I wouldn't think extensive world tours would be on the agenda.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
There will probably be new albums from both of them this year. There would surely be gigs of some description to promote them, though I wouldn't think extensive world tours would be on the agenda.

I'll definitely be interested in David's new album...Roger not so much. I find his solo stuff way too depressing usually. But good for fans of both they are releasing new music soon.

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score
Jesus christ Animals should have a health warning-ADDICTIVE.Cant stop playing it.However the accoustic numbers have been deleted >.< Have the lyrics got a lot of meaning gentleman-i have not investigated them yet-digital age and all that >.< i envy you lot with your vinyl and sleeve notes.

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score
^jesus the guitar solos are alive and speak^so much heart and feeling

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the Wall DVD to be released.

A new concert version RS? Or an updated movie version, which I am not interested in.

2LT, Animals is not my favorite PF album, but there is all kinds of symbolism in the lyrics Roger wrote for the record.

Architect knows more about PF than just about anyone I've ever met so I'll let her fill in the details about Animals next time she's here.

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
Jesus christ Animals should have a health warning-ADDICTIVE.Cant stop playing it.However the accoustic numbers have been deleted >.< Have the lyrics got a lot of meaning gentleman-i have not investigated them yet-digital age and all that >.< i envy you lot with your vinyl and sleeve notes.

You can pick up a decent copy of Animals at any record show or shop for about 5 bucks. I's not one of the more pricey LPs. Not all of them have the lyrics though, they came printed on the inner sleeve that houses the actual record.

I'm not really a lyrics person, I enjoy the music more. But I think they are Roger's best lyrics. Very scathing, harsh and to the point.

He's basically describing the human race in three types of animals: Dogs- the cut-throat go getters that'll stop at nothing to get ahead, Pigs- the fat, wealthy, political types that run the show, and the docile Sheep whom the Dogs and Pigs will just railroad out of the way to get theirs.

But don't throw away Pigs on The Wing 1 and 2, where he's saying if we didn't have some love we'd all be just a bunch of animals.

BTW I love your cats in bubbles signature!!!! Love kitties!!!!!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online