Pink Floyd (Official Thread)

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
^^Exactly Architect,,,it was more than just a "concert"...it had far reaching cultural implications for all of us. I watched it being broadcast live that night and felt part of something special.

Was it as good as if the original band was playing...probably not but I had it on VHS for ages and watched it every once in a while. Has to be one of the largest crowds to ever witness a rock concert no matter what else.

Yeah Didn't Rog say in that 60 minutes report that it had to be over 300,000?

BTW, thanks for posting that video link! I hadn't heard about it before!

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score
Re: Syd Barrett and Pink Floyd

I started getting into Syd Barrett era Pink Floyd around 1991 after hearing Piper At The Gates Of Dawn. Like both versions of Pink Floyd

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Yeah Didn't Rog say in that 60 minutes report that it had to be over 300,000?

BTW, thanks for posting that video link! I hadn't heard about it before!

They sold about 300,000 tickets, but then they opened the gates afterward to allow everyone to see the show.

I can't say for certain but I'm guessing there had to be well over 500,000 people there.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Hells Bells...Roger Water's is playing here tonight...and I didn't even realize it.:sm:

He's doing the Wall in the coliseum...just as well it's indoors weather here is dodgy at the best of times.

Kind of neat we're on the map anyway, he must like playing here.:tup:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Try to take some pictures if you can BL. My friend posted some on her Facebook awhile back and I enjoyed them a lot. :)

Cowboy

Old Time Rocker
Reaction score
A little bird told me about Roger Waters The Wall tour that was coming to Australia, although I live in Tasmania I thought it'd be like reliving memories if I actually went. Much to my excitement, it came true. Although The Wall isn't my favourite Pink Floyd album, it was sure as hell a great concert. I went with my son who loved it as much as I did.

Pulse

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm new here. Just wanted to discuss my all time favorite band. So I'm 21 now and probably became a fan around 6 years ago. I probably would've become a fan sooner but I didn't really start appreciating music until I was more mature. I of course heard all of their biggest songs prior to becoming a fan. My dad was the one who got me into them. He is also a huge fan. So it's quite simple. One day he had me listen to TDSotM and I was instantly hooked. They quickly became my all time favorite band. I didn't have one before that. Unlike many, my favorite album is The Wall. I can be in any mood and enjoy that album. It didn't take long before I knew the entire thing word for word. The movie is also amazing but that's another story. I saw Roger Waters perform The Wall Live back in 2010 and it was the greatest concert I had ever been to. Lucky for me I'm going again on July 3rd in Pittsburgh. Can't wait.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DebDimond

Staff online

Members online