Pink Floyd (Official Thread)

Masherbrum

Riding the Steel Breeze
Reaction score
You mean he used his car to help arrange financial backing for the tour??

Yes. Nick did just that for the band. He sold it to a friend for an undisclosed amount, on the premise that after the Tour, he bought it back.

I wonder if David or Rick did something similar...:think:

Not to the extent of what Nick did, but I could see David doing something as well. Rick was still not a member until December of 87(?) after the papers were signed, because only Nick and David's picture was allowed in the AMLOR cover. I still have both Tour Programs (88 and 94) in my Shine On Box Set.

Last edited:

gguerra

Reaction score
There is a documentary named "La Carrera Panamericana" in which Pink Floyd played the soundtrack to. It was recorded between A Momentary Lapse of Reason and The Division Bell. It covers the re-visiting in 1990 of the 1950's era road race - La Carrera Panamericana - which celebrated Mexico's opening of the Pan-American Expressway. Nick Mason and David Gilmour are two of the race team drivers. Follow the race from Guatamala to Nuevo Laredo and view the Mexican countryside listening to Pink Floyd. There are 6 new songs on the video that are not heard on any other release ( Pan Am Shuffle, Country Theme, Mexico '78, Big Theme, Small Theme, Carrera Slow Blues )

Here is a link to it on Amazon
Amazon.com: La Carrera Panamericana [VHS]: David Gilmour, Nick Mason, David Aubrey, Ian McArthur, Stephen O'Rourke: Movies & TV

I do own this and have not seen it on DVD.

The documentary was on youtube at one time but most has been removed Here is part 3 of 5

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^You experts never cease to amaze me, I never knew any of those details before...:grinthumb

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
I have La Carrera Panamericana on VHS. I bought it when i was a teenager. Lots of great footage of old vintage race cars and of course our heroes David and Nick. And their manager Steve O'Rourke.

David and Steve ended up in a bad crash with Steve breaking both legs and David getting away with a few cuts and bruises. I believe David was driving at the time.

Here's an account of it I found on pinkfloydonline.com:

“They went into a corner too fast. Either through misreading the pace notes or whatever and, er, basically took off over the edge of a cliff and landed, I think upside-down, on a small road below. The general feeling seems to be that they are incredibly lucky to have got away with it so lightly. Dave is fine, maybe a few cuts and bruises, and Steve — broken leg.”

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Giving DSOTM another listen. I still don't have it in my favourite 3 Floyd albums but it is a good album.
Breathe In The Air is a nice piece. Relaxing tune. Feeds nicely into the song On The Run.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I will be ordering a brand new copy of DSOTM soon, it will always reign as my fave PF record, and will never leave my Pantheon as one of the top 10 rock albums ever recorded.:bow:

(Actually I'm ordering WYWH and The Wall too...these are all brand new audiophile vinyl releases...expensive but worth it to me.)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^^I will be ordering a brand new copy of DSOTM soon, it will always reign as my fave PF record, and will never leave my Pantheon as one of the top 10 rock albums ever recorded.:bow:

(Actually I'm ordering WYWH and The Wall too...these are all brand new audiophile vinyl releases...expensive but worth it to me.)

Definitely worth it however you can get those albums. Wish You Were Here competes well with Animals though for my favourite Floyd album.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I've got so many different pressings of those Albums on CD it will be great to get the old gatefold vinyl editions again. And they are getting rave reviews as fantastic quality, some even say the very best sounding versions of those 3 albums ever made.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^^I've got so many different pressings of those Albums on CD it will be great to get the old gatefold vinyl editions again. And they are getting rave reviews as fantastic quality, some even say the very best sounding versions of those 3 albums ever made.
Nice, I would like to hear them on vinyl myself one day especially Wish You Were Here. I only have that on unmastered CD.
"The Wall" is one of those albums that I have to listen to all the way through. I just finished it. Great Stuff.
That's how I feel about most of their 80s stuff. Great material.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.