Pink Floyd (Official Thread)

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
^^^welcome to CRF and yes, Pink Floyd does rule. Glad to hear you figured that out at a young age. Most fans wouldn't pick The Wall as their fave but really, I couldn't argue with anybody's choice as a favorite PF album . i love 'em all.

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm new here. Just wanted to discuss my all time favorite band. So I'm 21 now and probably became a fan around 6 years ago. I probably would've become a fan sooner but I didn't really start appreciating music until I was more mature. I of course heard all of their biggest songs prior to becoming a fan. My dad was the one who got me into them. He is also a huge fan. So it's quite simple. One day he had me listen to TDSotM and I was instantly hooked. They quickly became my all time favorite band. I didn't have one before that. Unlike many, my favorite album is The Wall. I can be in any mood and enjoy that album. It didn't take long before I knew the entire thing word for word. The movie is also amazing but that's another story. I saw Roger Waters perform The Wall Live back in 2010 and it was the greatest concert I had ever been to. Lucky for me I'm going again on July 3rd in Pittsburgh. Can't wait.

Glad to see another die hard fan of the Floyd! :grinthumb Like you, I became a big fan around the time you did(15 years old). I'm 34 now so I've had a long time to develop and nurture my obsession. And now it's definitley an obsession! I saw Roger in 2010 also, in Philly. Jealous that you get to go again! My favorite PF album is Animals with Atom Heart Mother running a close second. Always up for chatting 'bout the Floyd any time you are! oh and Welcome!!!!:)

Nidwest

Reaction score
Well, I've become a fan of Pink Floyd also with my father's help, I've found "The Wall" cassette in a dusty box. I was delighted, such a great music I've never hear before. Now "The Wall" is my favourite album, wonderful music and poetry:).

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Keep that cassette Dmitry, they are Rare these days.:D

Pulse

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome guys and glad to know there's somewhere I can discuss Floyd with other die hard fans. Everyone's favorite Floyd album all comes down to personal preference really. They're all equally great in their own way. I almost forgot to mention I own the Discovery box. It's great to own but I really wish they would've presented the visual side of Floyd better on it but that's only a minor issue. All of the remasters sound great.

gguerra

Reaction score
I thought some of you may enjoy this

It is the Pink Floyd "Lost Documentary". If it has already been posted somewhere I apologize in advance.

August 1980, very rare behind the scene footage from "The Wall" Earls Court concerts

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Good stuff GG...I like all this behind the scenes documentary footage especially when it comes to old bands I love.

Going to finally be ordering my new Pink Floyd vinyl records later this week, the local shops have all 3 available, but I don't think they are the same quality as the ones Soundstage has on offer...I wanted to chat with the owner of Blackbyrd Moozic...yes that is the name of his store and he's very young about 24 I'd guess :D...but he's been on holidays the last two weeks. If he can get them for me I'll go that route, got to support the locals and the price differences are made up by saving shipping costs anyway.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I personally like Atom Heart Mother, Meddle, Wish You Were Here, Animals way more then Dark Side and The Wall. Dunno why, I just prefer those 4 albums. As far as where Dark Side and The Wall rank in my favourites with the entire discography I have other albums ahead of those as well, not to say they suck or anything, I just prefer their other albums.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I have no problem with your choices, but for me DSOTM is the Essential album of their discography. It's a cultural phenomenon that went beyond just a record.

The fact it's still relevant and had staying power beyond any other album ever released says a lot about it's quality.

Us and Them will always be my fave PF song, and DSOTM is so well put together I'd have to put it in the top 3 rock albums ever made.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^^I have no problem with your choices, but for me DSOTM is the Essential album of their discography. It's a cultural phenomenon that went beyond just a record.

The fact it's still relevant and had staying power beyond any other album every released says a lot about it's quality.

Us and Them will always be my fave PF song, and DSOTM is so well put together I'd have to put it in the top 3 rock albums ever made.

I will clarify I agree they are essential for most prog fans who want to check them out. No disputing that. I just meant having heard all their stuff I like some of their other albums more. I think Wish You Were Here and Animals are also must haves along the lines of a Still Life from Opeth or a In Absentia from Porcupine Tree.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online