Pink Floyd (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Pink Floyd

I'll join you but I'm playing Animals, I'm going through them all in chronological order for about the last week.

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score

They're my best band ever, I fell in love with them 2 years ago and since then I love them more then before. As psychedelic and progressive rock fan, I love whole Floyd discography (except that Final Cut, but it's okay) - I only wish that crazy, acid and Syd Barrett-driven Floyd had endure longer, although when Gilmour came in, they achieve to reach depts of everyone's heart and made Floyd incredibly good and intelligent (I never said "intelligent" to some band, but if music could be describe as "intelligent", they would be the first one to be such) band. Too bad Rick died, so there won't be chance to reunion. Such a shame :(

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I think biggest fail of The Final Cut is that Rick's missing. He always gave that warm and pleasant background. Roger failed it.

Well to be fair there really isn't anything warm or pleasant about the music Roger writes. :heheh:

rockgoddess1968

Reaction score

I must be in the minority....... The Final Cut makes my top 3 Pink Floyd albums.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Considering the "Smack" Final Cut took when it came out it's getting some love in here at least Cosmic. I think I'll play it tomorrow in fact.:grinthumb

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

:wa:

Everyone always trashes "The Final Cut"....

Well, since you have been championing The Final Cut so much, Harmony
I think I will have to give it another listen soon. TBH I haven't heard it since it came out. I remember thinking that it was just OK and missing the Roger of old badly.

You seem to have very good taste so you have talked me into giving it another go :D

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Staff online

Members online