Pink Floyd (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I have a particular fondness for the Division Bell myself Cosmic, no doubt some part of it is I saw that Tour...the only chance I will ever have to see PF in concert.:bow:

At least I got to cross them off my list.:D

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
The first track I heard from The Division Bell was the single, Keep Talking. It's still a great track with suberb synthesizer from Rick, the usual fluid guitar from Dave and Stephen Hawking on lead vocals!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I love that they used Stephen Hawking in that song...he's one of my heroes.:D

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Just to show Pink Floyd can rock, here's One of These Days, from the Pulse show (originally Meddle).

The electricity bill must've been enormous.

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^When they played here in our outdoor stadium they had to get Air Clearance over the City...their laser show was beyond spectacular.:bow:

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
This is for anyone that has lived their life without ever hearing Echoes. You can put it right, immediately!

I'm not normally emotional bout rock stars, but I get a tear in my eye when I see Rick on keyboards.

Guy Pratt (multi-instrumentalist son of actor Mike) is more than adequate on bass and Dave plays like something from another planet. Nick is not present, but the drummer was a member of Roger Waters's band.

I nearly forgot, this clip is from the Remember That Night DVD.

Last edited:

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
^^I have a particular fondness for the Division Bell myself Cosmic, no doubt some part of it is I saw that Tour...the only chance I will ever have to see PF in concert.:bow:

At least I got to cross them off my list.:D

I am happy and proud to also be on that list of people who saw Floyd live before they all got antsy with one another and stormed out!!...summer of 1994 I think and a couple of years after I left England and went to live in Washington DC, saw the Divison Bell tour at the old RFK Stadium in DC, I'm still waiting for somebody to get within a million miles of the visuals/light show that Floyd used back then, at times it was actually problematic and something of a distraction and you felt like we really should have all been issued with a complimentary pair of sun glasses when we arrived, especially those of us quite near the stage. I remember they wound up the show with 'Run Like Hell' from The Wall, and 45,000 people all had a heart attack when the final explosion totally deafened us all, and I mean the BIG one right at the end, but it was a once in a lifetime experience...here's what I mean!....

Removed dead video

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
I saw David Gilmour's Floyd at the Vet in Philly in June 1994. It was the greatest thing I ever saw aside from Roger's Wall show that I saw in November 2010.

I need a time machine though so I can go back and see them live in their heyday and before.:tongue::heheh:

Beautiful Loser

Pig On The Wing
Reaction score
Goin' to The Wall in June, and I can say I've never been more excited for anything in my life, but does that count as seeing the Floyd?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^My first reaction is no it's not a Pink Floyd concert. But then again The Wall was an album by them even though Roger was the driving force behind the project and has continued to tour putting on this show for years now.

I'd say it qualifies as a Pink Floyd concert but only when Roger specifically does The Wall.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiammeee

Members online

No members online now.