Pink Floyd (Official Thread)

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Re: Pink Floyd

LOve Pink Floyd from the beginning to the end. Top 5 band for me.
This is my favorite album

e423395we8t.jpg

however I lately have been listening to lots of early tracks. Their two sound track albums don't get talked about much are also favorites of mine More and Obscured By Clouds. Cymbaline and Stay.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I thought Dream Theater did a very good job when they played DSOTM live years ago

There are bootlegs of them covering "Dark Side..." in it entirety out there as well as Metallica's "Master Of Puppets", Iron Maiden's "The Number Of The Beast", Deep Purple's "Made In Japan", and others. Dream Theater is one of he most heavily bootlegged bands in the world.

This is my favorite album

e423395we8t.jpg

Ever since first becoming a Pink Floyd fan I've stood behind "The Wall" as being their best album in musicianship, concept, lyrics, production, theme, presentation, and every other way possible, buuuuuuuuuuuut as of late I've really been favoring "Wish You Were Here" the most. I don't know why, but in the past month of two it's bumped its way from my #2 Floyd album all the way into the top slot.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

My favorite is and will always be DSOTM, I could write an essay about why that Bucky would be proud of...:heheh:

The others change, sometimes it's the Wall, sometimes Wish You Were Here, or Meddle. Animals for some reason is the one I play the least....I think I'll do it next and play it again.:tup:

Stout

Reaction score

I enjoy some of Pink Floyd`s material ,but I would never call myself an out and out fan. Many would disagree ,but I tend to think they are a bit overrated. Perhaps it`s because they are still overplayed on classic rock radio. I always preferred yes, ELP, and Genesis more. Roger waters and his lyrical self-absorption indulgence, particularly on `The wall', grated.
Having said that, my two favorite tracks are `Echoes', a great progressive epic, and` One of These days', their finest instrumental, both from Meddle.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Two great picks Stout, even if you are not a big fan. I guess they are overexposed, almost impossible for a band of their stature seeing they have been around for 40 years now.

I am a die-hard fan, I agree about Water's lyrics at time can be depressing, but I just love PF.:bow:

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score

many of you know how i feel about this band so i'll spare you my long winded rant about them :heheh:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Well coming off of a recent conversation between Lord G and myself I felt compelled to rank my favorite Pink Floyd albums:

1. Wish You Were Here

2. The Wall

3. Animals

4. Meddle

5. The Final Cut

6. Atom Heart Mother

7. Piper At The Gates Of Dawn

8. Dark Side Of The Moon

9. Saucer Full Of Secrets

10. The Division Bell

and as for the rest of their albums I'm not familiar enough with them (aside from a few tracks here and there) to make any sort of call on them.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

That's a respectable list Cosmic, mine would be a little different.:D

I'll post my picks tomorrow after I do another album in here as well.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Well I'm sure "Dark Side Of The Moon" would be a wee bit higher than 8th on your list. ;)

One thing I notice is that people tend to slam "The Final Cut", but I happen to really enjoy it.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I used to disparage it myself, but one of my old friends kept playing it when I visited so it's kind of grown on me to the point that it's in my library now.:D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online