Pink Floyd (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Pink Floyd

I think back to when "The Wall" came out, we played it and didn't know what to think. The subject matter was so depressing and really deep, you have to really pay attention to get the most out of this record, and I don't play it very often even though I like it.

Then when the movie came out,,,well to be honest the music was great but the movie was not very good, the animation was interesting but Bob Geldof's portrayal of Pink was just hard to take in. I remember most fans leaving the theater were disappointed, us included.

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

This was the Pink Floyd track that first attracted me to the band. When it was first released, the eerie, otherwordly sound was like nothing else I'd heard to that point.

:****:

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Roger Waters toured here two years ago Hep and my friend who saw the concert was simply raving about that song...one of the highlights of the set he played.:tup:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I think back to when "The Wall" came out, we played it and didn't know what to think. The subject matter was so depressing and really deep, you have to really pay attention to get the most out of this record, and I don't play it very often even though I like it.

Then when the movie came out,,,well to be honest the music was great but the movie was not very good, the animation was interesting but Bob Geldof's portrayal of Pink was just hard to take in. I remember most fans leaving the theater were disappointed, us included.

The movie for me anyway got better over time. I like it more now than back when it came out. To me it's more of a "in your entertainment room,alone" type flick. Not one I pull out and watch with company.

Not even my fellow Floyd friends.

Fellow Floyd Friends....say that 10 times fast.

:heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Pulling that one out would kill a party MP...:heheh:

I agree definitely a very personal kind of album. Unlike you even though I have watched the video a few more times, I still really don't enjoy it. I would much rather watch Delicate...or Pulse for my PF video fix, and just play the Wall on CD, or vinyl I still have my original copy, and it's in pretty good shape.:grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Here's my list Cosmic, in order from most liked to least liked...and I have all of them in the collection.

Dark Side Of The Moon

Meddle

Wish You Were Here

The Wall

Delicate Sound of Thunder

Momentary Lapse of Reason

The Division Bell

Animals

Piper At the Gates of Dawn

The Final Cut

Saucerful of Secrets

Atom Heart Mother

Ummagumma

Obscured by Clouds

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score

I have a link to their show in Rome and it's a great DVD.
They played on a boat and were so loud it damaged some nearby buildings.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Pulling that one out would kill a party MP...:heheh:

I agree definitely a very personal kind of album. Unlike you even though I have watched the video a few more times, I still really don't enjoy it. I would much rather watch Delicate...or Pulse for my PF video fix, and just play the Wall on CD, or vinyl I still have my original copy, and it's in pretty good shape.:grinthumb

Just a question, do you still only own it on tape? It really improved with me, not only as it got better with age but with remastered DVD's as well.

The sound and wider, bigger picture makes it better as well. :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I don't own a copy, but my friend had the "Laser Disc" copy, you know those LP sized discs that came out before DVD's took over. I watched it enough times to not be a big fan, I know the storyline and I don't hate Geldof's performance I just found it to be a depressing movie. The album/CD when I play it, is different my own imagination takes over and it's a little less bleak than the movie version.

I don't intend on adding it to the library, I would rather get a copy of Roger's live version in Berlin, that was much more fun.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Here's my list Cosmic, in order from most liked to least liked...and I have all of them in the collection.

Dark Side Of The Moon

Meddle

Wish You Were Here

The Wall

Delicate Sound of Thunder

Momentary Lapse of Reason

The Division Bell

Animals

Piper At the Gates of Dawn

The Final Cut

Saucerful of Secrets

Atom Heart Mother

Ummagumma

Obscured by Clouds

A good list LG. We certainly some differences in that but three of our top four are the same so that says quite a bit for those albums right? :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online