Pink Floyd (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Pink Floyd

Bought this album on sale for $.97 back in the mid 70's, at first I didn't know what to make of it, so completely different from DSOTM that I had to play it a few times to get a feel for it. Now it is one of my favorite albums in their discography, and Echoes all 20+ minutes of it is just amazing, I love that song.:D

pink_floyd_meddle_1971_front.jpg

pink_floyd_meddle_1971_back.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

It is a great song, and I always respected PF for how they paid tribute to Syd.

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score

One of the best rock bands out there imo. Gilmour's guitar alongside Waters' lyrics made them awesome
I've always wanted to try the "DSOTM and Wizard of Oz" thing out too :p

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score

I have DSOM, Wish You Were Here and The Wall and love them all. I also have two David Gilmour albums. Fab guitarist. :bow:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I've got two of David's solo albums myself, and he is a great guitarist Annie.:D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Time to put this thread in order, here is the very first PF album, The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn. I love how young they all look on the cover photo...lol. I have been embroiled in an ongoing discussion with an old friend for years about the significance of this album and Syd's pivotal role in the formative years of PF. I think it is a very good album, no disputing that, but I prefer the David Gilmour era, it seemed to me they just got better after he joined.

Still no PF collection should be without a couple of their early records, and I have all of them except "Live at Pompeii".

Interstellar Overdrive.

pink_floyd_piper_at_the_gates_of_da.jpg

pink_floyd_piper_at_the_gates_of-1.jpg

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

I never got into their early work, but everything from 1973's "Dark Side of the Moon" on is outstanding.

I've also never really cared too much about a song's lyrics, but Roger Waters wrote some unbelievable lyrics on "Dark Side of the Moon", "Wish You Were Here", "Animals" and "The Wall". And the music and production speak for themselves.

It's even hard to rank these four albums against each other. They're all so different, but so very good.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

It depends on what kind of band and the mood I'm in, sometimes I really enjoy a well crafted song that makes you think or tells a good story, other times it's just straight ahead party music.

I agree, later PF was my favorite, but I have some love for a couple of the early albums too.

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score

I was never a fan of Pink Floyd's pre-Gilmour stuff. Syd Barrett was too erratic for me, his musical talent was over my head for sure

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online