Pink Floyd (Official Thread)

gguerra

Reaction score
Re: Pink Floyd

One of the best rock bands out there imo. Gilmour's guitar alongside Waters' lyrics made them awesome
I've always wanted to try the "DSOTM and Wizard of Oz" thing out too :p

Many classic floyd songs have shared vocals between Waters and Gilmour.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Nice link GGuerra, I was very surprised by how similar both Waters and Gilmour sound after the split, when David took over the vocals.

rtbuck

Reaction score

Pink Floyd...they're strange for me because when I hear the name "Pink Floyd" my first reaction is..."Change the Station!".Like Zeppelin , Classic Rock radio kind of killed Pink Floyd for me. That being said I do love alot of their stuff & I never get tired of "Comfortably Numb"(I love the solo).I love the early stuff with Sid Barrett especially "Astronomy Domine". I love the Wall & it was so cool seeing the movie on the Big Screen when it first came out. The Wall has so much great matierial & of course my favorite is "Comfortably Numb" but I also love the second "In the Flesh" & "Young Lust".
Pink Floyd does have my favorite song title of all time which would be:
"Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave Grooving with a Pict". Back in the 80's I used to work at a Grocery story & I was always the music guy so I'd always make up mix tapes for people & I loved putting that tune on the Tapes along with The Sensational Alex Harvey Band's "There's No Lights on the Christmas Tree Mother,They're Burning Big Louie Tonight"!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

That was one of my all time favorite song titles as well Bucky...only Floyd would come up with something like that...:D

I never got burned out on PF, I drifted away from radio after 1979, and nowadays we only have two decent local FM stations left, one is the university's own station, and CBC II which plays a little of everything.

DSOTM is my favorite, the whole work from start to finish.:bow:

threezeros000

Pink Floyd
Reaction score

Pink Floyd is my favourite band, and I love everything from them from, pre-band stuff like Joker's Wild (A band David was in, in 1965) and Sigma 6, to the Barret stuff, to The Wall, to The Division Bell. This may sound really dumb, but their music could move me to tears (maybe) and cheer me up when I'm sad.

I listen to an album every night, it's what gets me to sleep :p.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I forgot about this thread...:eek:

After their first album came "Saucerful of Secrets" released in 1968, and David Gilmour joined the band. They were starting to morph into the most innovative space rock band of their time, Syd's lighthearted songs were replaced by the deeper and darker style that became the trademark of the band's sound for years to come.

The title song, from the Live at Pompeii Concert.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

Why have I only just found this thread? Big PF fan, and thanks to my mum being one as well I've been listening to them as long as I can remember. Favourite song would be Echoes :grinthumb

Andwar

Reaction score

Been a fan of Pink Floyd in all their incarnations and they are one of the few bands that I have lost count of the times I have seen them live! Will have to write up my memories and thoughts of The Floyd when I get a chance!

As an aside, I listened to The Flaming Lips remake of DSOTM the other day and it is rubbish! I just wonder why they bothered!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I thought Dream Theater did a very good job when they played DSOTM live years ago, I didn't know about the Flaming Lips attempt, and from the sounds of things I'm not missing out on anything Andwar.:tup:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online