Pink Floyd (Official Thread)

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
spinning Delicate Sound Of Thunder on vinyl right now. Started it with side 3 and 4. I just wish they hadnt waited until 1988 to put out a true live album. I prefer the boots from the 70's but this is one sweet sounding live album.

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
spinning Delicate Sound Of Thunder on vinyl right now. Started it with side 3 and 4. I just wish they hadnt waited until 1988 to put out a true live album. I prefer the boots from the 70's but this is one sweet sounding live album.[/QUOTEI

I think that's a consequence of the 'anonymous' stance that the Floyd had throughout the '70s. The idea of a live album would have been abhorrent to them (particularly Roger), even though they would have been aware of the bootleg situation.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
I just wish that Syd Barrett hadn't delved into LSD so much.I feel the world was almost certainly robbed of many great works I think he would have created had he not literally blown his mind with the psychotropic substance......

Yes, it would've been interesting to see him develop and grow with the band into their prog rock years throughout the 70's. Would they have been bigger? Or even better? Would Roger and Syd have eventually killed each other? I guess we'll never know. I suppose things happen for a reason....

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
So I just got my 180 gram vinyl of The Endless River. I'm on disc 4 right now.

I have to say it's not thrilling me. It's good but not great. I think the best thing on it is Autumn '68 with Rick Wright on the Albert Hall pipe organ from 1968. Allons-Y 1 and 2, Sum and Skins are the strongest songs.

Since it's culled from the 1993 Division Bell sessions, I didn't really have high hopes for it, pardon the pun :tongue:.
But the thing that sounds most like The Division Bell is the song Louder Than Words. Possibly because Polly Samson wrote the lyrics. Everything else has that '90's Floyd quality to it, but I still think it's very different from The Division Bell.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I think the best thing on it is Autumn '68 with Rick Wright on the Albert Hall pipe organ from 1968.

Yeah, that was the first track that stood out for me as well and I'd still say it's my favourite track, but I think the whole albums grows with each listen. I think it's a great album. Perhaps not great like classic Floyd, but definitely one of my favourite albums of 2014.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with any Floyd bootlegs?I figure with all the concerts over the years,maybe they wouldn't be as bootlegged as Grateful Dead,but they have done an awful lot of shows so I'll bet there exists a good number of bootlegs from this source.I personally would love to hear alternate takes of tunes from the first two releases in '67 and '68.............

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
I have tons of Floyd boots. They actually are the second most bootlegged band after the Dead.

There aren't many shows recorded from 1967. The best ones out there are from the BBC sessions. But there are quite few from '68 and '69. Most are good quality too. If you dig around on You Tube you can find quite a few of them.

JulyMary

Coming Back To Life
Reaction score
The new album sure is different, but it is pleasant to listen while working or studying :) And I am happy to hear one more song that sounds like the ones from The Division Bell (Louder Than Words).

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online