Pink Floyd - Favorite Song?

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
If I had to pick a favourite from the album I'd go for Sheep

Although Roger Waters does dominate Animals to a greater extent than the earlier albums, I still feel that Animals is a collaborative Pink Floyd album

Yeah I would also say that Sheep kind of has it all. Rick Wright's prominent contribution at the beginning, Waters' excellent lyrics and vocals, Gilmour's phenomenal guitar work... It could be my fav track on the album, although Dogs gives it a great run for its money. I simply love Gilmour's vocals on Dogs... not to mention the brilliant lyrics of course.

PapaJacques

Obligatory New Guy
Reaction score
'See Emily Play' (1967). Lots of fuzzy piano and a heavy bassline make this record sound so essentially 1960s.

Jonny Come Lately

The New Kid In Town
Reaction score
My favourite song from the Syd Barrett era has to be Astronomy Domine, it's got great guitar and lyrics which are beautifully nonsensical. Also, some of my favourite Pink Floyd lyrics just sound so satisfying to hear sung - think of 'kicking around on a piece of ground in your hometown' on Time, for instance - and this has another fine example with 'floating down the sound resounds around the icy waters underground'. I also really like the extended live version on Ummagumma (although there it is performed by the later quartet including Gilmour).

Gilmour, Wright and Mason seemed to like it as well, as it returned to the setlist for the Division Bell tour.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Pink Floyd has way too many awesome songs to pick just one but I'll go with Shine on You Crazy Diamond....or Dogs...or Us & Them ...or Echcos...awe screw it SOYCD.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online