darklands

everything's broken, and my Stacys are soaking wet
Reaction score

Pigs on the Wing - parts I and II

Wish You Were Here
Dark Side of the Moon
The Wall
The Final Cut

have all been my favourite Floyd albums at one time or another, but for the last few years it's been Animals. Cemented, maybe, by seeing Roger in Manchester a couple of years ago (huge centre-drop and politically-charged [anti-Trump (all good, but missing the point somewhat)] versions of Dogs and Pigs (three different ones)) - pretty amazing (though I'm not sure it'd have been that much different without Roger there....!)

Love the short, understatedness, of PotW (don't like the idea that it was split in two to earn Roger more royalties....?). Deliberately, posted the two separate bits of the song, as I'm not keen on the Snowy White solo version.

Without going for the more obvious, I also like One of my Turns (The Wall); The Hero's Return / The Gunner's Dream, Southampton Dock / The Final Cut (The Final Cut) [The last Pink Floyd album (well, the first Roger Waters' solo album....)]; Welcome to the Machine ("we told you what to dream").

darklands

everything's broken, and my Stacys are soaking wet
Reaction score
Yeah, Meddle was when they started really getting it together - forerunner to DSotM.
Roger does a mean version of One of These Days (a couple of years ago - remember - pre-covid?!) - yes, a good track.
Could live without 'Seamus' though...!

Quite like Obscured by Clouds too.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online