Paul McCartney (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: The Official Paul McCartney Thread

Band On The Run is my fave. I like the songs I've heard of Venus And Mars but oddly its the only 70's album besides Wild Life I haven't invested time into.

Venus & Mars is easily my 2nd favorite McCartney & Wings album, the band was at it's peak. I do like quite a few of his earlier albums, Ram and Red Rose Speedway being my picks but Band on the Run and Venus & Mars are just excellent.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: The Official Paul McCartney Thread

My favorite track off that album isn't even a Paul song, but Wino Junko.

Great song!! :grinthumb

Venus & Mars is easily my 2nd favorite McCartney & Wings album, the band was at it's peak. I do like quite a few of his earlier albums, Ram and Red Rose Speedway being my picks but Band on the Run and Venus & Mars are just excellent.

:bow:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
A quick break in the routine here to report Paul's newest musical adventure!!

OCEAN'S KINGDOM!!

I believe the CD comes out October 3rd and I sure hope there will be a DVD to follow! :grinthumb

PAUL McCARTNEY and PETER MARTINS

Blue Sway

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Well now with the line up secure and the most famous it's EVER been, Wings were on top of their game and controlling the world and were HUGE in the U.S. as can be heard and seen on Wings Over America and the film Rockshow in 1976!!!

Intro/ Venus And Mars/ Rockshow

Jet/ Maybe I'm Amazed

Bluebird

Macca8dOver.jpg

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
I recently made a 80 minute CD of my favorite hits and sometime soon I'm gonna take a road trip and enjoy it immensely. Let me know what ya think:

19 tracks, 79 minutes 40 seconds:

1. band on the run
2. silly love songs
3. uncle albert/admiral halesly
4. live and let die
5. helen wheels
6. juniors farm
7. hi hi hi
8. listen to what the man said
9. 1985
10. another day
11. little luck
12. let em in
13. let me roll it
14. venus and mars/rockshow
15. rockestra (instr.)
16. jet
17. take it away
18. mrs. vandebilt
19. mull of kintyre

the first 5 or 6 I went with my faves just to kick it off, then I tried to spread it all out in no particular order and I thought I ended it nicely. As you can see I have alot of "Band On The Run" tracks because I love that album the most by far. The only non-early-to-mid 70's song I included was "Take It Away", which I think was like 1980 or '82 and I like it so I put it in there. I wanted only hits and songs I knew well. Sometime soon I'll make a companion CD of non-hits from 70's Wings.

Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
After the recording of their next album London Town, Joe English and Jimmy Mcullough departed from the group. In fact Paul had gotten a call from Steve Marriott who was hanging out with Jimmy and stayed up all night partying.

Paul was told that Jimmy was going to join Steve and was quitting WINGS...in which Paul replied, "Good Luck"...well wouldn't you be that calm if you were as great as Macca. I can't say that quitting something this big at this point in a band's career is a smart move by any means, BUT what a great album this is!! 1978's LONDON TOWN!!

Down to the mighty three (once again) of Paul, Linda and Denny to promote the album!!

The I've Had Enough Promo would feature two new WINGS' members, Laurence Juber and Steve Holly who would appear on the bands next album!!

One of Paul's GREATEST ballads from the London Town album!

I'm Carrying

Famous Groupies

dlain_x1.jpg

40af810ae7a009ebb47da110.L.jpg

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Before the London Town album was made, Macca had released the ever popular Mull Of Kintyre which was a number one hit and a risky song to release as punk was exploding onto the scene!! But I'm sooo glad that this happened!!

WingsMullOfKintyre600Gb100511.jpg

After the London Town album and with new members Laurence Juber (guitar) and Steve Holly (drums) on board, the band released their new single in '78, Goodnight Tonight which also had a 12 inch single dance mix, which were all the rage at that time!! :pullhair:

Wings-Goodnight-Tonight-31979.jpg

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Rare Home Movies Part I & II in HD!! :grinthumb

Make sure to watch in 480p or the sound goes whacky...really whacky in the 2nd one. :heheh:

Dead videos removed

Cowboy

Old Time Rocker
Reaction score
Rare Home Movies Part I & II in HD!! :grinthumb

Make sure to watch in 480p or the sound goes whacky...really whacky in the 2nd one. :heheh:

Hey, thanks for posting these! At the beginning of part two seeing McCartney watching the film, hey look like they were really getting into it. Aha.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11