Paul McCartney (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: The Official Paul McCartney Thread

Would like to touch a bit on the third album and the first WINGS album Wild Life!! Let's go with the title track

...and a really cool rockin' number called Mumbo

One of the three bonus tracks from this dis and these sessions is Mary Had A Little Lamb...which I believe he wrote for daughter Mary.

Here is a clip from the special James Paul McCartney

71wa88UL9RL.jpg

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

Paul returns to Studio 2 at Abbey Road, and discusses his songwriting history, from his very first Beatles song to the work on his album "Chaos & Creation In The Backyard".

Visit Abbey Road

PAUL McCARTNEY.COM . HOME

This video runs 59:29 but it is well worth the time....I wish I could have been there!

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^That takes me back...nice to see the Clash and Pretenders on the bill.

I think they changed the name back to "Cambodia", I like the sound of that better than Kampuchea.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score

^^That takes me back...nice to see the Clash and Pretenders on the bill.

I think they changed the name back to "Cambodia", I like the sound of that better than Kampuchea.
I still have the 2 LP set that is not available on CD if I'm correct. Great show! There is also a one hour TV special of the event not officially on DVD. McCartney was the driving force behind it all.

So many excellent artists on the bill wildly disparate from each other.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Good thing you kept your vinyl GCCzep, I never bought that album...I suppose I could look around and see if I could find it laying around somewhere...:think:

:D

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score

^^Good thing you kept your vinyl GCCzep, I never bought that album...I suppose I could look around and see if I could find it laying around somewhere...:think:

:D
LG, I'm sure it wouldn't be so difficult to locate one...

I have come to terms that some LPs are meant to be kept even if it is released on CD due to the more warmer analog feel it puts out. In keeping with the spirit of this thread, I should have kept my 3 LP set of "Wings Over America"... That was another really cool set.

:bonk:

On a Beatles bit, another one was "Rock And Roll Music" which had DIFFERENT mixes of their hits as supervised by George Martin... Being so picky about what I have all of them were mint jackets and LPs. Funny is that I would spent some time picking out the best one in the bin to take. Still do to this day.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I have Wings Over America, I remember when it came out it was Expensive and the first 3 record live album I'd ever seen at that time. Wings was pretty much number one in the world when they recorded it.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score

big Paul McCartney fan, my favorite Beatle. The Beatles all started out writing pop songs and when they started taking drugs and left the pop behind, Paul mustof decided instead of growing tired of pop songs, he would work on perfecting pop and adding other musical elements to those songs.
In my opinion, he is the greatest pop song writer in rock history.
I have most of his 70's library on vinyl, including the 3 LP live album. What got me back into his music again was about 8 years ago I found "Wingspan" the double CD and I realized how much I missed his music with The Wings.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online