Ozzy Osbourne (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: Ozzy.

Cosmic, you and I feel exactly the same way about that record. It wasn't a bad album, but it wasn't his best and that was, probably, the best song; at least in my opinion (too). I think it's because it has that unexpectedly melodic chorus in an album full of barre chord, wall-to-wall Marshal stack we're hearing.

Glad we agree on that. :grinthumb

I just wish I had Ozzy's kind of LUCK. My criticism of Zakk Wylde's compositional style notwithstanding, since Rhodes through Lee to Wylde, Ozzy has managed to keep himself surrounded by, probably, the most talented musicians to have perform on rock music albums in the last 30 years. I can't stand his stage presence (heh, you know, that weird zombie thing he does back and forth across the stage) but he's got such a great voice and KNOWS how to get a crowd going, and most importantly, did I mention his guitar players?? I'm still saddened we couldn't have heard more from Rhodes. One of the first songs I ever learned when beginning to play back in '86 was "I Don't Know" because it was just so intense.

Well.....that I'm afraid we disagree on. While I love Ozzy's singing voice and it stands as one of the most unmistakable voice in music I wouldn't say he has a "great" voice. It's unique and works well for what Ozzy does but in terms of actual vocal ability Ozzy's voice has virtually no range and is very thin, which is why on most of his songs his voice is layer.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Bloodbath In Paradise

Another belter for me, I think Ozzy gets it just right. IMO this is a really good album. :grinthumb

Dairenn

Recording Artist
Reaction score

I wonder why Wylde doesn't compose songs like that anymore? I'd probably be a bigger fan of his work with BLS if it sounded like This.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

The sixth studio album from Ozzy and what a belter, the 1991 "No More Tears".

Mr. Tinkertrain

Last edited by a moderator:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Another great album....what about the title track for starters :bow:

No More Tears

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I'd say that "No More Tears" is fairly easily the best album Ozzy has done without Randy on guitar.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^^ Thought about busting the piggy bank for the new one this weekend Sweat.

It's up there with his best for me as well Cosmic.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

I will have a listen as some reviews have slated it but one listen will tell me, should be a great album, he does the business every time except the covers album:)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.