Ozzy Osbourne (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Ozzy.

^^I see the Propaganda has started already...:heheh:

I never really followed Ozzy's solo career, other than his first two albums, and that was because one of my hockey playing buddies had the cassettes and played them before games.:D

Magic is a Huge Ozzy fan, and slowly because of her fondness for Ozzy and some other people in here I have picked up a few of his CD's now.:cheers2

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

After you buy The Ultimate Sin, you'll need to add No More Tears and Ozzmosis to your cd liberry. :tongue:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I have those two already...:tup:

I will have to check to make sure what I have and what is missing...:hm:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

SWEEET! All you seem to be missing then is The Ultimate Sin. :****:

Mmm...I actually think "The Ultimate Sin" is a weak album as a whole. I mean, there are some really good songs off of it like "Killer of Giants" and "Secret Loser" but as a whole the album isn't that strong in my opinion.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Blistering track !!!! SOX..........on the OZZY front I love all the albums.....Except that covers c.d..where he struggles on a few....not been in a rush to buy that album yet............

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

"No Rest For The Wicked" is alright. I wouldn't rank it as a top Ozzy album at all though.

Here's my favorite track off of it:

Breaking All The Rules

Last edited by a moderator:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^^ As you know Lou (Musically) in my eyes he does little wrong. :grinthumb

Devil's Daughter

Dairenn

Recording Artist
Reaction score

"No Rest For The Wicked" is alright. I wouldn't rank it as a top Ozzy album at all though.

Here's my favorite track off of it:

Breaking All The Rules

Cosmic, you and I feel exactly the same way about that record. It wasn't a bad album, but it wasn't his best and that was, probably, the best song; at least in my opinion (too). I think it's because it has that unexpectedly melodic chorus in an album full of barre chord, wall-to-wall Marshal stack we're hearing.

I just wish I had Ozzy's kind of LUCK. My criticism of Zakk Wylde's compositional style notwithstanding, since Rhodes through Lee to Wylde, Ozzy has managed to keep himself surrounded by, probably, the most talented musicians to have perform on rock music albums in the last 30 years. I can't stand his stage presence (heh, you know, that weird zombie thing he does back and forth across the stage) but he's got such a great voice and KNOWS how to get a crowd going, and most importantly, did I mention his guitar players?? I'm still saddened we couldn't have heard more from Rhodes. One of the first songs I ever learned when beginning to play back in '86 was "I Don't Know" because it was just so intense.

Osborne is a hall of famer in my mind, no doubt about that.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.