Ozzy Osbourne (Official Thread)

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Re: Ozzy.

Honestly, I liked the singles from Black Rain a lot. But the latest Ozzy single from this new affair is just grating IMHO.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Disagree. It's pretty good. I was a little burned out on the over use of Zakk squeals...so I find it refreshing.

:grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Disagree. It's pretty good. I was a little burned out on the over use of Zakk squeals...so I find it refreshing.

:grinthumb

OH GOD YES! Zakk abuses pinch harmonics WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much. A perfect example of it is if you listen to "Crazy Train" off the "Tribute" album with Randy and then listen to it off the "Live At Budokan" album with Zakk then you can hear just how he absolutely punishes the work of that song with pinches, and if you ask me it sounds really bad.

rtbuck

Reaction score

I got to see Ozzy on the 'Bark at the Moon' tour with Motley Crue opening. Crue was fantastic as they just released 'Shout at the Devil'. Ozzy's show was great although watching Ozzy move around onstage took some getting used to. Carmine Appice was on the drums(surprisingly not Tommy Aldridge) for Ozzy & was phenomenal. I remember being blown away by seeing "Revelations" performed live. This is one concert I would love to go back in time to see again. I can't help but thinking back of the time when 'Bark at the Moon' came out. I was starting to hang out seeing bands in the local clubs & bands were covering the title track & the club DJ would always spin the tune in between band's sets. It was just an all around great time in the clubs during that era.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Sox you are doing a fabulous job on Ozzy, I am not a Huge fan of his, but the first two albums are belters for sure.

Thumper has also championed a few of his other albums, but I will wait for you to post them before I say anything else.

An Ale for Sox, on the house.:hab:

:D

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

In 86' Ozzy gave us the "Ultimate Sin"..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The album eventually went double platinum in the states.

I went to Nottingham to catch him on this tour. Both he and the band were great, the support act was RATT.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Don't have that CD in the library...:hm:

RATT opening for Ozzy, that is a good pairing.

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

Don't have that CD in the library...:hm:

Is that right? Well, my friend from the Great White North, you're just going to have to do something about that! :D

For some dang reason I've never thought Ozzy's first two solo albums were as great as everyone else seems to believe. His third, Bark At The Moon, was much better, but The Ultimate Sin is chocked full of great riffs, melodies, solos and, imo, better songs. It also has a great sound to it. Better than the first three, it almost has a Ted Templeman feel to it and I can only image how great it must have been to have been in the recording studio listening to everyone lay down their tracks.

Some albums can take some time to fully settle into, The Ultimate Sin is not one of those. Try it... you'll like it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.