Ozzy Osbourne (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Ultimate Sin really is in my opinion an example of an under rated classic album. One of those albums where its great but fell well under the radar compared to some of the other albums. The production I find really smooth, nicely polished. Unlike say a Scream you can hear undistorted guitars. Ozzy's vocals were brilliant.
Never Know Why is a great song. Full of nice riffs, as I said I think the production was well done.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I've got 2 versions of "Scream" the one the label released...and one that a fan has "remixed" to get the levels balanced properly.

I have no doubt this is due to the i-pod phenomena...the absolute carnage wreaked upon compressed/ramped-up music released in MP3/AAC these days is impossible to miss and makes me sick generally. Death Magnetic was another example, an engineer used his home equipment to redo it properly according to pre-digital recordings and it sounds way better than the original release by the labels.

Back to "Ultimate Sin"...I'm not sure I have that one, Slip convinced me ages ago to bulk up on my Ozzy solo records, but I've forgotten if I have that one or not. Have to look through the pile when I unpack them all in a couple weeks I guess.:think:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've got 2 versions of "Scream" the one the label released...and one that a fan has "remixed" to get the levels balanced properly.

I have no doubt this is due to the i-pod phenomena...the absolute carnage wreaked upon compressed/ramped-up music released in MP3/AAC these days is impossible to miss and makes me sick generally. Death Magnetic was another example, an engineer used his home equipment to redo it properly according to pre-digital recordings and it sounds way better than the original release by the labels.

Back to "Ultimate Sin"...I'm not sure I have that one, Slip convinced me ages ago to bulk up on my Ozzy solo records, but I've forgotten if I have that one or not. Have to look through the pile when I unpack them all in a couple weeks I guess.:think:
Scream I would like to hear a re-done version, the CD one I have is in atrocious shape when it comes to engineering. I didn't mind the album first when stuff like that didn't bother me but I have to admit since then a lot of that stuff does actually get on my nerves now. Death Magnetic is the next classic example.

If you don't have The Ultimate Sin, it is a must have album. Much crisper sound.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
^^^ That's not a bad song, but I do have a couple of comments about it.

1) the intro doesn't fit the rest of the song at all, just the first 22 seconds or so. Seems really out of place.

2) It's really weird hearing Ozzy's voice being processed like that during the verses. The chorus pretty much goes back to his normal singing/vocal presentation but those verses almost sound kind of industrial.

Dr Chocolate

Reaction score
I AM OZZY is a piss your pants laughing book.
been a huge Ozzy fan (well, Black Sabbath at first) all my life. i also got to see him live, but it was a rather disappointing show. not to dis him at all, but all i kept thinking was that, did someone forget to give Ozzy his hearing aid? he kept shouting "I CAN'T ****ING HEAR YOU!" so in my head, all i can hear is "SHHAAARRRROOOOONNNNNNNNNN!!!"

kinda grew out of listening to his albums over the years. Diary Of A Madman would be my favorite album of his. but could never get into The Ultimate Sin or No More Tears after that. and still have yet to hear any of his albums after that.

evolution of an artist can sometimes be a let down
and i plan on keeping it that way and go blast the older albums
or Black Sabbath
or even better SPEAK OF THE DEVIL (which i must've heard a million times by now)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
30 years ago today (November 27, 1982) the album "Speak of the Devil" was released in the USA.

OzzyOsbourneSpeakOfTheDevil.jpg

In the UK, the album was released as "Talk of the Devil"

2012-03-04_ozzyosbourne-talkofthedevil.jpg

This album is no longer available, and oddly enough was never included in the remasters..............

This live album was released during the rise of Ozzy's solo career and shortly after Randy's death, but never contained any of his solo songs. Instead they were all Black Sabbath songs. This album is also the only official release to feature Brad Gillis (Night Ranger) & Rudy Sarzo (Quiet Riot).

Check out Brad Gillis, Rudy Sarzo, and Tommy Aldridge in 1982 on tour for Speak of the Devil:

Last edited by a moderator:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
From what I read online, DKW, the vinyl is almost impossible to find unless you fetch the import.

You work out with some interesting people !!

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Not got that album Magic, I love Ozzy but I would rather buy his solo or Sabbath stuff, if I see it cheap I may pick it up:)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online

No members online now.