Ozzy Osbourne (Official Thread)

Khor1255

Reaction score
No, Sarzo wasn't on either Ozzy album. Him and Tommy Aldridge were part of the live act. I never said he was on the original recording but had heard he was on the remasters. I've heard a lot of live Ozzy from the Randy days and the level of hackery present in sarzo's playing is epic. Ditto for early Quiet Riot.

But to each his own I guess. What did it for you? The over the neck playing and general pretty boy stage antics? Please point me at an example of.....you know....actual bass playing I might find impressive.

Thanks in advance.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
No, Sarzo wasn't on either Ozzy album. Him and Tommy Aldridge were part of the live act. I never said he was on the original recording but had heard he was on the remasters. I've heard a lot of live Ozzy from the Randy days and the level of hackery present in sarzo's playing is epic. Ditto for early Quiet Riot.

But to each his own I guess. What did it for you? The over the neck playing and general pretty boy stage antics? Please point me at an example of.....you know....actual bass playing I might find impressive.

Thanks in advance.

:wtf:

Oh I don't know. Why don't we ask Eric Bloom since Rudy had joined Blue Oyster Cult :grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Something about the production of it kinda is off putting. Good song but there seems to be something a bit off in the production.

Khor1255

Reaction score
You know, you are right. The song is so cool that it's hard to find any fault but it does have a certain tinnyness in the production value. I almost never care about that but in this case it is something that impacts the presentation serious enough for me to agree with you here.

I even love garage recordings, but when something is over produced or badly produced it's a shame. They may have been going for that tinny sound but I can't imagine why.

Still, too good of a song for that to be a serious detriment but I definately get what you are saying.

opera races

Reaction score
Interesting the discussion on the 2002 remasters should come up now.

The other day I was reading an article in a music magazine about Ozzy, Sharon, Randy, Bob Daisley, Lee Kerslake, et al. the whole story about the Ozzy band coming about on through the loss of Randy Rhoads. I'd read bits and pieces before and knew the basic story. This pulled everything together.

I vaguely remembered that I'd read the bit about Daisley and Kerslake's parts being re-recorded on some re-releases of the albums before but seems that went over my head at the time.

About 10 years ago - before I'd read any of the above material - I'd bought some Ozzy CD's via Columbia House. I'm not crazy about Ozzy and I'll leave it at that but I wanted to hear some Randy Rhoads. This was before you could get on You Tube and look up Randy Rhoads videos. I got Blizzard of Ozz, Diary of a Madman and Tribute and thought I'd gotten some kind of good deal on them. I listened to them a few times but that was about all I could stand of hearing Ozzy on purpose and put them away. At that point I wouldn't have noticed something amiss - now I would.

Sooo ... after reading that recent article I got out those CD's and discovered ... oh #### it's those remasters where they replaced Daisley and Kerslake! NOT cool! Now I'm feeling like I have something akin to those notorious old ZZ Top albums that were remastered for CD and sound horrid. Me thinks Blizzard and Diary are headed for the thrift shop! I can't in good conscience have anyone else get hoodwinked by these CD's that are so wrong! (i.e. re-selling them to an unknowing person at a normal price)

Khor1255

Reaction score
Yeah, the first time I heard about the bullshit remakes (because you can't really call something simply a remaster when whole parts of the band are removed) was when I inadvertently posted a youtube link on a forum to turn someone on to an Ozzy song. I was mortified when another forum member raged about me using the 'remaster' instead of the original. I hadn't even listened to it but I had heard Sarzo quite a bit.

I'll never live that one down and rightly so.

Bob Daisley was a true musician and did bang up work on both albums as a writer and player.

Well, anyway I think you already know what versions to listen to. Good luck.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online