Omitted Songs

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
During their Escape tour back in 1981, Journey broadcast one of their concerts from Houston, Texas which was simulcast over FM radio stations as well as MTV.

I taped that great show over-the-air and it's always been a favorite of mine, even though it was never released on record. But a few years ago Journey did just that, and released that very same concert on a cd titled "Journey - Live In Houston 1981 - Escape Tour". Naturally I grabbed it on site at Best Buy and was absolutely thrilled to be able to replace my worn out version on cassette tape. I was also curious to see if the songs would be in the same order and if any songs would be dropped or added. As it turns out, it is an exact carbon copy of the original broadcast with one exception: the last song on the disc (The Party's Over) was never included in the original over-the-air broadcast so that was a bonus.

And I am still waiting for Van Halen to release their Oakland 81 concert on either cd or dvd. Like that will ever happen in my lifetime. Maybe Wolfie will do it when Eddie kicks.