Obscure Metal Bands

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
I searched & couldn't find a thread dedicated to obscure metal bands. A couple close ones, but no cigar.

I'd like to talk about fairly to completely obscure metal bands that you like and nobody else may have heard of.

A couple years ago, Sirius (probably Liquid Metal) was running a Middle East/Mediterranean metal program, about the time of the Egyptian riots.

One band that stood out for me was Sawlegen, a Moroccan band. there was a CD at some point, but I had to resort to finding the album on a fileshare site, since no CD's were to be found.

The track they played that day:

And one more:

Not quite as obscure, but one of the lesser known west coast metal bands, Forbidden. I had one cassette of theirs back in the early 90's, Twisted Into Form I think it was.

There were also a couple bands I found demo tapes of in the late 80's. Def Con & Blacklyst (both Chicago bands). I can't find examples of these at the moment, though I do still have the cassettes somewhere.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
A few bands that may be obscure because they are newer bands. I mentioned this first one in the Female Fronted Metal Bands thread.

Seduce The Heaven (from Greece). One album to date.

Overtures (from Italy). Three albums to date. This singer really has a Bruce Dickinson or Geoff Tate kinda range.

Elysion (from Greece). One album to date.

For fans of the first Evanescence album, We Are The Fallen (featuring Ben Moody, John LeCompt & Rocky Gray from that first Evanescence album & American Idol contestant Carly Smithson).

The whole album is amazing and proves to me that Ben is, by far, the better writer.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
I was finally able to rip the two demo cassettes I mentioned upthread.

Blacklyst (Aurora, Illinois). Great 80's-90's metal with just a hint of hair metal.

Defcon (Chicago, Illinois). Somewhere between Whitesnake & House Of Lords.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
I've been wanting to get that second Elysion album.

Lots of things on the wishlist right now.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Staff online

Members online