Recommend Punk Bands in Order of Punk's History Timeline

Mannie

Reaction score
Could you all please recommend some punk bands to listen in order of Punk's History timeline:

e.g
The Stooges
MC5
Ramones etc

I've been listening to a lot of Metal. It's about time that I listen to Punk bands again. Cheers.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Timeline?... Foxhound was obsessed with this issue back in the day!
Richard Hell & The Voidoids is a good shout.
Johnny Thunders.
Dead Boys.
S.natch.
Menace.
Some Chicken.
The Pirates (Skull Wars) is fandabby dozy!)
Depends on how hard & fast-
Angelic Upstarts and Slaughter and the Dogs are hard...
Magazine and these were good -
999-Emergency.

STATUS QUO

Reaction score
In the 70's/80's Australia was producing some accidental Punk Rock Bands.
THE SAINTS, RADIO BIRDMAN, THE SCIENTISTS, CELIBATE RIFLES, LIME SPIDERS, THE HARD ONS, FRENZAL RHOMB, THE MEANIES, SPIDERBAIT, XL CAPRIS, SPAZZYS,
LIPSTICK KILLERS, THE CHOSEN FEW, Whirlywirld, The Thought Criminals, The Eastern Dark, Bored, Screaming Tribesman, New Christs, Rat Cat,

Teenage Radio Stars - I Wanna Be Your Baby (1978)​

X - Hate City (1978)​

Young Charlatans - Shivers (1978)​

These are just some that I can think of. There are more..............

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Good subject matter here Mannie-i dropped into punk so naturally. Saw it as just an extension of what was around anyway. New Wave never made me steer from any type of other music genres either... I saw Mahogany Rush, The Clash, The Stranglers and went to see Floyd. All around the same period . Probably the only guy that admits to have not seen The Pistols live... Though I did see these (thanks to Status Quo) for the above post... I saw these at The Roxy Club in early '77-not punk really but a great Australian band... and song.
Skyhooks - Horror Movie.

Mannie

Reaction score
Good subject matter here Mannie-i dropped into punk so naturally. Saw it as just an extension of what was around anyway. New Wave never made me steer from any type of other music genres either... I saw Mahogany Rush, The Clash, The Stranglers and went to see Floyd. All around the same period . Probably the only guy that admits to have not seen The Pistols live... Though I did see these (thanks to Status Quo) for the above post... I saw these at The Roxy Club in early '77-not punk really but a great Australian band... and song.
Skyhooks - Horror Movie.
You're lucky. I wish I could see the Clash. Thank you for sharing this with me.

Aero

Reaction score
I grew up around a lot of these bands in So Cal back in the 80s. Some of my favorites were TSOL, The Vandals, Toy Dolls, and Social Distortion.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Memory lane city.....
Around '75-'77 i was into Rockabilly and attended really sketchy pubs for these gigs, out on the streets you had Ted's, Skins, Punks, Hippies and Soccer Hooligans all vying for the best spot in the mosh pit, pavement and clubs.
Fashion wise ( see members thread.) I donned a mixture of apparrel not entirely tied to a particular Sect of sound. In saying that I took a box cutter to two different suits... and joined two different patterns and styles together with diaper pins, when I saw The Damned!
Rocket From The Tomb , Neu and The Ramones i do recall early on... but there stuff was hard to get and was sold on bootleg cassette.
Saw this outfit many times,these were early in the 'Timeline Stakes'.
C.ocksparrer - Runnin' Riot.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online