Oasis (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: The Unofficial Oasis Thread

Yeah I agree to some extent with what you're saying Sooty (though to be fair I think the media and fans labeled Elvis and Michael Jackson as "kings"). I mean, rockstars have always been arrogant (hell, I defend Axl Rose constantly) but I think Liam and Kanye have this overwhelming pretentious vibe to their claims. Like, they feel the need to tell people about how great their music is or how grand their importance is rather than let people decided for themselves based on their music.

Also on a sidenote, I wouldn't call Kanye a rockstar because I believe one needs to play rock music to be a rockstar. Just my opinion though.

Anywho, this is one of my favorite post "What's The Story" song....

I like THIS tune...:HP

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

The classic band people LOVE to HATE, but I love them!!!!! They are much better than VERY OVERRated bands like Porcupine Tree and Radiohead:)

Syd

Reaction score

I love the two first Oasis albums. I haven't quite gotten to like the others completely except for a few songs. But I love some tunes like Rock n Roll Star, Champagne Supernova, Don't Look Back In Anger, Live Forever. Man ... those albums are great.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score

The classic band people LOVE to HATE, but I love them!!!!! They are much better than VERY OVERRated bands like Porcupine Tree and Radiohead:)
I'm with you S& L love Oasis. However, happen to love PT and Radiohead too. :pullhair: Guess I'm all alone in my love for all three.

ah I see the old Liam vs Noel is starting to appear. On the first three albums I was a big Noel fan. These days I actually think Liam wrote some good songs too. I'm interested in the new band but also in any solo album Noel puts out.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I see no possible way to tag Oasis as "Classic", that diminishes the meaning of it to me.

I simply never thought they were anything but a pop/rock band that wrote lightweight songs, and yes I admit to not liking either of the Brothers Gallagher, still their music leaves no lasting imprint on me.

PT and RH at least I find interesting.

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

There is nothing interesting and let alone innovative in any of PT's or RH's songs....they will fade away one day but Oasis will live on :):):)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^You might be right S&L, I just reserve the term "Classic" for the bands that have made their permanent mark on the music world, and Oasis has definitely not qualified on that front.

If you said they were your favorite pop/rock band of the 90's then I wouldn't have commented.

I prefer Blur to Oasis myself.:D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

There is nothing interesting and let alone innovative in any of PT's or RH's songs....they will fade away one day but Oasis will live on :):):)

I'm a fan of all three bands but if any of those three are going to fade away I can promise it won't be Radiohead. They have far too much critical acclaim and a large, dedicated fanbase for that.

And I prefer Pulp to both Blur and Oasis, LG. ;)

musiclover95

Reaction score
I think I'm becoming a massive fan of this band. I bought Definitely Maybe on my birthday a couple of weeks ago, and it is brilliant!

Kay

Banned
Reaction score
"(What's the Story) Morning Glory?" is still one of my top 90s fav albums! I was kinda obsessed with them.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online