Oasis (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I just learned today that over Oasis's 15 year recording career they had more than 20 consecutive top 10 hits in their native UK, with 8 of them going to #1. That means starting with 1994's "Live Forever" up until 2008's "The Shock Of Lightning" every-single-one of their singles was a top ten hit. :eek: That's impressive no matter how you slice it.

Here's one of their last #1's and one of my favorites of their from their later career.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
20th July 2000

My first Oasis gig. Blazing hot sunny day in London, the boys ripped it a new one. Genius. Live Forever.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Nothing wrong in liking OASIS . Yes Cosmic these guys were massive in the Uk!! ....possibly bit of a backlash at the moment...which can be a good thing I have been picking up their cds at real givaway prices of late and they have made some fine albums :cheers2

Bocephus

Reaction score
Nothing wrong in liking OASIS . Yes Cosmic these guys were massive in the Uk!! ....possibly bit of a backlash at the moment...which can be a good thing I have been picking up their cds at real givaway prices of late and they have made some fine albums :cheers2

Oasis were huge everywhere except the states. They still had some good materiel in them when they split up as shown on "High Flying Birds" and "Different Gear Still Speeding", if Oasis had released those songs under the Oasis name it would of been their best album since their prime in the 90's.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
During their day Oasis seems like they were a really joyous experience to see live. Wish I could have seen them.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
In their prime they were probably amazing. In those last few years they were kind of imitations of themselves because of Noel and Liam's fighting though.

Lavender10

Cult of Personality
Reaction score
In their prime they were probably amazing. In those last few years they were kind of imitations of themselves because of Noel and Liam's fighting though.

I completely agree, and ive never seen "imitations of themselves" before. im not good with articulation :(
<3 oasis

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Just been listening to the Oasis album Morning Glory and here is one of my favourite Oasis songs with the same title 'Morning Glory'.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Noel Gallagher turns down Oasis reunion

Noel Gallagher turns down 32.5 million for Oasis reunion.

The fact is that Noel is not over the long feud with his brother and bandmate Liam which peaked on August 28, 2009 at the Rock en Seine in Paris when a backstage fight between the two led to Liam breaking Noel's guitar. Shortly after, their manager cancelled their appearance, the rest of their tour and stated the band "does not exist anymore."

It's almost as if Noel is doing everything he can to punish Liam, who is going through an expensive divorce. A source told the Daily Mail "There have been several intermediaries from their respective camps working very hard indeed to reach some form of agreement but Noel isn't budging and a working solution between the brothers simply can't be found."

Music-News.com

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online