Oasis (Official Thread)

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Noel Gallagher turns down 32.5 million for Oasis reunion.

The fact is that Noel is not over the long feud with his brother and bandmate Liam which peaked on August 28, 2009 at the Rock en Seine in Paris when a backstage fight between the two led to Liam breaking Noel's guitar. Shortly after, their manager cancelled their appearance, the rest of their tour and stated the band "does not exist anymore."

It's almost as if Noel is doing everything he can to punish Liam, who is going through an expensive divorce. A source told the Daily Mail "There have been several intermediaries from their respective camps working very hard indeed to reach some form of agreement but Noel isn't budging and a working solution between the brothers simply can't be found."

I totally don't understand band feuds, I guess I can only compare it to sticking a bunch of environmentalists together in a room until eventually their going to crack to the point of hating each other.

What Oasis should of done was taken a leaflet out of Fleetwood Mac's book even though Fleetwood Mac's got issues too for different reasons.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
My antipathy for the Gallagher brothers is well known in the pen along with not being a huge fan of Oasis's music in the first place.

I don't blame Noel for turning down the money to put the band back together, his brother Liam is a complete s**t and from what I've read over the years was the cause of most of the friction in the band when they were massive.

The only other brothers I can recall who have this dysfunctional of a relationship are Ray and Dave Davies of the Kinks, and after reading about what Ray has done to Dave on many occasions I have nothing but contempt for him as a man period.(When it comes to his family relations) I still listen to some Kinks albums but I was not a big fan of theirs' either.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Liam is a complete 'git' Sunny, he's the reason the band came apart in the first place.

Oasis...nobody will remember them in 10 years or so, at least that's my prediction.

And good on Noel for giving his sibling what he richly deserves for services rendered.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Do you think nobody will remember them in 10 years LG? I think I'll still listen to them when I'm 36 :D Each to his own I guess.

Yes, Liam ia a prat - I agree with you there :tongue:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I don't remember them now Sunny...:D

I don't own a single Oasis album.

They will never rank with the greats I'm afraid, sure a few good songs but eminently forgettable like so many others.

Time is a cruel judge.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
I think Oasis were far more popular in Australia than they were in your part of the world LG. They weren't popular in the US either from what I gather.

I have two of their albums.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^It's kind of sad how it played out Sunny...a band implosion is never good no matter how you look at it and this one was self inflicted.

Noel tried to hold things together for as long as he could but in the end it didn't matter.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Even if they get back together who would care??

:heheh:

Liam crossed the line years ago, I read the story about him attending a Concert and Noel was trying to perform and he heckled him mercilessly.

Case close, Oasis has dried up and good riddance.

:peek

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online