Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: Nightwish

Angels Fall First is so underated here.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

So I was searching for the albums a few of you recommended for starters and came across their box set 1997-2001 which contains Angels all First, Oceanborn, Wishmaster plus bonus of Over the Hills and Far Away, and it was going for a snip at £9.99, so couldn't resist that bargain! I've only given them all one play through so far - first impressions are that I've not quite made my mind up yet as to how much I like them as I've a feeling these are albums that you have to play a few times before you can truly appreciate them.
Oh and one thing I thought I'd mention is Sox heard me playing Nightwish yesterday whilst I was cooking and he came in and said he kinda liked what he was hearing, so watch this space for another possible fan :D

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

^Good to hear Tray. Completely understand the first impression thing as well. It took me probably 2 play thru's of Wishmaster and Dark Passion Play to really enjoy it. It's always difficult to listen to an album from a band you haven't heard of and like it the first time through. Because you don't really know what you're expecting. I'm sure with another play through you will enjoy the band a lot.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

I got to say I was really getting my head round the gear Tray was playing, I don't know anything about the band but I like the vibe they have.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

It gets better...if you like the sound of Within Temptation then CD's like Once and Dark Passion Play you will like alot.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Dark Passion Play has grown on me a lot since I first purchased it.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Tray got a 4 disc set MP and I've only heard a few of their songs but I like what I hear so far. I need to familiarise, maybe I'll sneak a listen when she's not around.:peek

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Cool a couple tracks to hit would be

Stargazers
Moondance
Wishmaster
Kinslayer
Dead Boy's Poem

For starters :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts