Nightwish (Official Thread)

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
I was expecting a lot from this album, maybe even too much? But unfortunately very few tracks of this album fires me up. I know people are saying that this album requires multiple rounds of listening, and I've done that, but even so it falls short. Tuomas Holopainen is and will always be a mastermind of composing music, and this album is not an exception, but I think it's time to try something new? My favorite track of this album is "Tribal". I'll give it 3 stars out of five.

Do you think they were being too slavish to a concept on the album? As in, to the detriment of the quality of the individual songs?

To me, Judas Priest's Nostradamus was only OK because they spent too much of the 2 disc album trying to keep the concept together.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Eh I thought the album on both sides went together rather nicely. Good concept. I think they did try some new tweaks compared to the last album.

Frands

Reaction score
Do you think they were being too slavish to a concept on the album? As in, to the detriment of the quality of the individual songs?

To me, Judas Priest's Nostradamus was only OK because they spent too much of the 2 disc album trying to keep the concept together.

I really do like the most of the albums from Nightwish! I just find their new album all to slow and polished and the go throughout the album is all to
repetitive. I'm very sorry but I was expecting a hammer hammer cool album from Nightwish as usual but....nah, I'm bored with this one:wa

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online