Nightwish (Official Thread)

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Re: Nightwish

^Good to hear Tray. Completely understand the first impression thing as well. It took me probably 2 play thru's of Wishmaster and Dark Passion Play to really enjoy it. It's always difficult to listen to an album from a band you haven't heard of and like it the first time through. Because you don't really know what you're expecting. I'm sure with another play through you will enjoy the band a lot.

It's exactly as I expected - the more I listen to the albums the more I'm getting into them. I really didn't know what to make of them at first & whether I could cope with Tarja's full on operatic style, but it has steadily grown on me and with every spin of the discs grows that bit more :) Wishmaster is certainly standing out as my favourite album of the ones I have, with the title track being my favourite song - love it :grinthumb Think I'm going to pick up a copy of Century Child next.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Century Child is the firt album with Marco! That and ONCE have alot of compatibility and then there is the epic DARK PASSION PLAY...don't forget this winter...the first ever NIGHTWISH Movie!!! That's gonna rock...I'm tellin' ya!! :grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Gonna listen to Angels Fall First one day again, the debut album deserves more praise then it gets.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

It's exactly as I expected - the more I listen to the albums the more I'm getting into them. I really didn't know what to make of them at first & whether I could cope with Tarja's full on operatic style, but it has steadily grown on me and with every spin of the discs grows that bit more :) Wishmaster is certainly standing out as my favourite album of the ones I have, with the title track being my favourite song - love it :grinthumb Think I'm going to pick up a copy of Century Child next.

Tarja's style is definitely one that takes time to get used to, because you don't really expect it when you hear the heavy guitar and drums. But it fits really well. Glad you're enjoying it though :)

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

^^^ It's funny, you wouldn't think it would work but it does - and really well :grinthumb

Ordered Once yesterday, hopefully it'll be with me tomorrow :)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

^^^ It's funny, you wouldn't think it would work but it does - and really well :grinthumb

Ordered Once yesterday, hopefully it'll be with me tomorrow :)

Oh WOW!! OK...you're in for a TREAT!! :grinthumb

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

I was going to get Century Child next but I saw Once at a really good price, so had to snap it up! I will order Century Child in a few weeks though :)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

As MP said you will be in for a major treat with Once :D
My favourite Nightwish album.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads