Nickelback (Official Thread)

Lord Dweedle

Reaction score
Well, couldn't see one in the official thread listing, so lets discuss one of the decades best Rock Groups, of course im talking about Nickelback!

nickelback2.jpg

Nickelback Official Website

Nickelback, fronted by Chad Kroegar, is a group that, for some reason, has received lots of negative criticism.. I honestly do not know why this is because their songs are pretty good.

Albums:

Curb (1996)
The State (1998)
Silver Side Up (2001)
The Long Road (2003)
All the Right Reasons (2005)
Dark Horse (2008)
Here and Now (2011)

Nickelback-HERO Music Video - YouTube

Into The Night - YouTube (features Chad)

Nickelback- When We Stand Together - YouTube

I Love Nickelback's style of music, its edgy and rough and that is great for gaming and rocking out to :)

My Favourite album is Silver Side Up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Re: Nickelback Thread

Diff.. Not a hater here.. I got into them back around 2000 when I bought a comp CD from MTV that had a song ( Leader Of Men) by them.
I only own one other 51s0d05f1WL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
I don't agree with those who hate Chad's singing. To me it fits the style of music they play..

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I definitely am not a Nickelback hater, since I do own their entire discography. I personally think Chad is very talented songwriter.

Santana "Into the Night" ft. Chad

Lord Dweedle

Reaction score

Hey thanks guys, its nice to see more Nickelback fans, normally when I try start a discussion on other sites about them I get flamed.

Chad is pretty cool dude, one of my favourites.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

Hey thanks guys, its nice to see more Nickelback fans, normally when I try start a discussion on other sites about them I get flamed.

Chad is pretty cool dude, one of my favourites.

That's one of the great things about this forum you can post about being a fan of anybody and not be flamed, there's even a thread for Rick Astley on here :)

I'm not a fan of Nickelback but I do like their song How You Remind Me, in fact I bought the album on the strength of that single. I have to say I admired the way they took the recent petition and outpouring of hatred against them when they were asked to play half time at NFL, they sent themselves up, and good on 'em for that :grinthumb - the skit's on Youtube if you haven't seen it and want to have a look.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score

I heard this song this morning and I thought hmmmmmmmmm I like that then found out it was Nickelback ............ tell you what though - I would have enjoyed being at this gig :grinthumb

Burn it to the Ground

Redneck

punk
Reaction score

Oh, hell. I love love love them! Especially songs "How you remind me who I really am", "If today was your last day", "When we stand together", and "Lullaby"

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I heard this song this morning and I thought hmmmmmmmmm I like that then found out it was Nickelback ............ tell you what though - I would have enjoyed being at this gig :grinthumb

Burn it to the Ground
That's a good track. The band gets a lot of flack and I seriously don't understand why. Good hooks, decent rhythm, solid musically from start to finish on every album of theirs. Well, the last 5 albums, I don't have their first two. Not saying everyone should love them, but in my opinion, they get FAR more flack than they deserve. *shrug*

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Just picked up their Best of album that came out a couple months back:

Best_of_Nickelback_Vol_1.jpg

Nickelback - The Best of Volume 1

1. Photograph
  2. How You Remind Me
  3. Burn It to the Ground
  4. Rockstar
  5. Savin' Me
  6. Figured You Out