Nickelback gets no love from sports fans

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yeah something like that...IMO of course I think Journey had more variety even in the 80's and moved it around better.

Iggy

Coal mining ruffian
Reaction score
I saw them as support in Cardiff, and they were ok. Lots of pyro I seem to remember. I think they get bad press because their music is used in adverts, and sounds a bit 'Corporate rock' ... they should drink more and do crazy shit. :pullhair: :guitar::drummin::dm:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I dunno... I don't really think it's crap, but I think it has something maybe to do with them being too safe or TOO mainstream.

I'd love to hear Chad Kroeger do some growls or something. And no, i'm not joking. He seems like the kind of vocalist who could pull it off.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well if Nickelback played "Burn it to the Ground" for half-time I know I would get up off my duff and yell/scream...that is a pretty cool song.

Evidently the man who spearheaded this online petition, Dennis Guttman, suggested Kid Rock as a suitable replacement. I am assuming this suggestion came because KR is from Detroit, not because KR has anything less mainstream.................

full article from ESPN: Fans don't want Nickelback singing on Thanksgiving - Page 2 - ESPN

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
While I am not a huge Nickelback fan, there are a few songs that I do like by them. And I agree with Magic about Burn It To The Ground. Good song.

Hey, at least it's rock. :grinthumb

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Well if Nickelback played "Burn it to the Ground" for half-time I know I would get up off my duff and yell/scream...that is a pretty cool song.
And I agree with Magic about Burn It To The Ground. Good song.

I swear I never heard "Burn it to the Ground" until today...

OK, so now's there's two Nickelback songs I like...

Not a bad song, at all. :)

BTW, this is the other song I like...

So, what is there not to like?

I mean it's just good ol' modern rock - no more or no less....

nothin' to freak out about...

Sports fans should get upset when they start playing Jay Z

and the Black Eyed Peas
:mad

That shit can cause a multitude of people to get pissed off! :heheh:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

If Everyone Cared isn't a bad song, it's probably the only Nickelback song I still like.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Nickelback ain't that bad ................ they obviously make some people very happy :D If I had free tickets to see them I'd go for sure.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online