Nickelback gets no love from sports fans

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Apparently Detroit football fans are so outraged and embarrassed that the NFL is planning to have Nickelback perform at their Thanksgiving game halftime show this year that they've created a petition to keep them out of Lions territory! :heheh:

Detroit wants to disinvite Nickelback from its Thanksgiving game - Shutdown Corner - NFL

This game is nationally televised, do we really want the rest of the US to associate Detroit with Nickelback? Detroit is home to so many great musicians and they chose Nickelback?!?!?! Does anyone even like Nickelback? Is this some sort of ploy to get people to leave their seats during halftime to spend money on alcoholic beverages and concessions? This is completely unfair to those of us who purchased tickets to the game. At least the people watching at home can mute their TVs. The Lions ought to think about their fans before choosing such an awful band to play at halftime.

They also haven't been having much luck with NHL fans either:

As people who love music and love Winnipeg even more, we have a request: Please ensure this does not happen. The return of the NHL to Winnipeg is something we have been dreaming about for 15 years. Please do not sully the celebration with the presence of a band whose existence is antithetical to the very concept of celebration.

Poor Nickelback... they can't be THAT bad (or can they?)

tumblr_lezvn7SAe71qbfh7wo1_400_thumb.jpg

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
:heheh: Oh Nickelback. Poor ol' Nickelback.

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
I signed that petition, fyi. and I couldn't give two craps about football. So that right there tells ya about my extreme distaste for nicklecrap.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
First off, I'm not a Nickelback fan...

like one song - heard a couple of others....that were ok at best...

All I can say there's a lot worse rock music out there today.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
I feel bad for the band. No one deserves this kind of vitriol unless they really are terrible. I mean this could really set them back. Bad pub is supposed to be good pub but certainly not this kind.

I remember Jackyl opening for Aerosmith in 1991 at The Forum and being heckled by inconsiderate clowns in the audience. The poor singer had to tell the offending parties that they are doing their best.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online