New Heart CD in 2012

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dunno,I know Heart broke up for awhile and when they came back,it was the Wilson sisters and a new band.

runtfan

Reaction score
Dunno,I know Heart broke up for awhile and when they came back,it was the Wilson sisters and a new band.

Yeah, during the 90's Ann and Nancy did the Lovemongers and Howard wasn't involved so he hooked up with Paul Rodgers and has been with him most of the time since then I believe.

runtfan

Reaction score
Hmmm, new album & book eh? Album should be worth checking out, RVC had a couple decent tunes.

The book, well I will read it of course, but I hope it doesn't present a "poor us" tale like many of their interviews do. These two have had a very successful career and have nothing to complain about. What I am most interested in is how they will deal with the eventual dismissal of most of the original band in the early 80's. It was clearly a power struggle that the Wilson's won, but how will it be worded?

Very cool...now if only Roger Fisher would hurry up and finish his auto before the next century.

I'll probably read the book no matter what but I'll be disappointed if it doesn't include anything other than Ann and Nancy's viewpoint. That other piece of crap book - Heart : In The Studio - or whatever it was, had relatively little about Roger Fisher and Howard Leese and almost nothing at all about Steve Fossen or Michael Derosier. I'd like to know what those guys think and hear their stories how they feel about their time in the band too. If it's a 200 page interview with Ann and Nancy, I'll be pissed.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I just had an amusing thought, I'll bet it's about 50/50 that Heart gets their New album out before Eddie Van Halen finally finishes with the new VH record...:heheh:

And RF, you are going to be disappointed, I love Heart and respect Ann and Nancy a lot but I doubt that the old members of the band at the height of it's creativity and popularity will be a big part of the biography.

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
You guys pretty much nailed it..for 90% of the world Heart = the Wilson sisters. I am positive it is going to be totally from their viewpoint, with the exception of some tidbits added in by Howard Leese who as Runtfan said managed to keep away from the wrath of Ann for decades and eventually joined Paul Rodgers. He left on good terms.

Unfortunately any info provided regarding the others will most likely be not be from their own mouths...until Roger Fisher finally gets his book done.

A couple clips of interest from when the old Heart members (minus Wilsons) reunited for a charity concert.

ANF

Reaction score
I honestly think since they're all alive that the Wilson sisters should make peace with the Fisher brothers and bring Howard Leese back and try recording a new album with the original lineup. But then Ann and Nancy probably relish "owning" the band and wouldn't want to share the attention.

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
I agree with you 100% ANF. I could possibly see Nancy willing to give it a try, but Ann no way. Too strong of a personality, to put it nicely, for that to happen.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Staff online

Members online