New Heart CD in 2012

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
planetrock.com

Plus, expect a band autobiography around the same time

Gibson reports that the group is prepping a new album with producer Ben Mink, who co-produced the band's 2010 album, Red Velvet Car.

Nancy Wilson told Billboard that fans can expect some heavy guitars this time around.

"We've got most of it written already," Wilson disclosed. "We're writing again and working on songs with producer Ben Mink. This time we're gonna go a little more heavy rock, a little more electric guitar. And so far so good; I think there's some really amazing songs already... We're still kind of polishing and buffing the rough demos so far, but we're getting excited."

The Wilsons are also working with rock journalist Charles Cross (Heavier Than Heaven, Led Zeppelin: Shadows Taller Than Our Souls) on a memoir.

"We're telling the whole story," the guitarist said. "I think it's important to be kind of brutally honest without making anyone else feel bad in any way, if possible. There's a lot of stuff you remember that's like, 'Wow, why did I do this with that person?' or 'What was I thinking?!' or 'How controlling was so and so?' It's definitely not a sensational, telltale book, because that's never who we are. There's going to be some wild parties and some failed relationships, but not too much more dark stuff really."

(Gibson)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
The album I'm interested in, the biography I'll pass.

Whaler can cover all the essentials and get me up to speed after he reads the book.

I have never found any biography about actors or musicians riveting, I would rather read something else and play just play their music or watch their movies.:D

ANF

Reaction score
Red Velvet Car was nice, a new album so soon is a good thing, it seemed like lately they've been more of a touring band who puts a new album out maybe once a presidential administration.

However it was the release of Red Velvet Car that pretty much cemented my hate for terrestrial radio. The weekend after that album came out, I went on a trip and was on the road for half a day. During that trip I heard Magic Man, Crazy On You (more than once), Barracuda and These Dreams... yet they had a brand new album out and I heard not one note from it. At least when an album is brand new, you'd think they'd put aside the 763rd time they've played Barracuda and put a new song out just to see what people might think.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Red Velvet Car was nice, a new album so soon is a good thing, it seemed like lately they've been more of a touring band who puts a new album out maybe once a presidential administration.

However it was the release of Red Velvet Car that pretty much cemented my hate for terrestrial radio. The weekend after that album came out, I went on a trip and was on the road for half a day. During that trip I heard Magic Man, Crazy On You (more than once), Barracuda and These Dreams... yet they had a brand new album out and I heard not one note from it. At least when an album is brand new, you'd think they'd put aside the 763rd time they've played Barracuda and put a new song out just to see what people might think.

That is the exact reason I stopped listening to "classic rock" radio.

ANF

Reaction score

I've been to Murray KY (close to Paducah) several times when my signifcant other is in college. There's an excellent Paducah "Classic Rock" station called WQQR which does play the typical Zeppelin, Floyd, AC/DC, Van Halen, etc... stuff you expect from classic rock stations, but once an hour they have a "future classic rock" section where they feature a new/recent recording from a classic rocker still making music, they were playing new Journey, Def Leppard (the new song off their live cd) and Cars music last time I was down there. I think this is what a lot of those stations should do, mainstream radio wants nothing to do with "old" acts, but I think Classic Rock taking five minutes of every hour and playing something new from the artists they continue to wear the old hits out of is a smart idea and a way to get people to hear their new songs.

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
Hmmm, new album & book eh? Album should be worth checking out, RVC had a couple decent tunes.

The book, well I will read it of course, but I hope it doesn't present a "poor us" tale like many of their interviews do. These two have had a very successful career and have nothing to complain about. What I am most interested in is how they will deal with the eventual dismissal of most of the original band in the early 80's. It was clearly a power struggle that the Wilson's won, but how will it be worded?

Very cool...now if only Roger Fisher would hurry up and finish his auto before the next century.

Mr. T

Reaction score

Both posts are spot on. I gave up on radio to present anything new regarding the classic artists years ago. Red Velvet Car was pretty good IMO. Looking forward to new material.

Whatever did happen to Howard Leese Whaler? You know?

All I know is he released a solo effort in 2009 called Secret Weapon. Still haven't heard it tho.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Hmmmm...I didn't know that. I still would like to find out what got him outta the band.

He himself or the Wilsons. Those three were pretty tight from what I saw.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Staff online

Members online