Neil Peart vs. Buddy Rich vs. Keith Moon vs. Elvin Jones vs. Phil Collins

well?

• Total voters

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Frankly, I'm wondering how Phil collins makes this list.:wtf:

CH - Also Phil Collins has no business in this lineup comparatively

I think you are both wrong. Just listen to his drumwork in PG era Genesis and Brand X and then tell me he is not a very good drummer.

But, with all due respect to Neil, Keith and Phil they are no match up for either Elvin Jones and Buddy Rich.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Collins is my favorite drummer (and musician) of this bunch but based on what I've heard, my vote is for the Moon man.

Hardnecker

Reaction score
Neil would tell you Buddy Rich. Different kinds of music, kindred spirits of drumming. Neil is the best rock drummer.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
As overall drummers go, I have to vote for Buddy Rich. What he did with that teeny/tiny drum kit of his was freakin' amazing. Neil = the best drummer in rock and roll, and no one, I mean NO one can hold a candle to him, but without Rich, there may have never been a Neil Peart.

Rich is/was also the most influential drummer ever (IMHO, but I'm sure someone will tell me I'm wrong).

Manic Monkey

Skirt Herder
Reaction score
Neil Peart all the way.

The only drummer I could make a serious argument for being better than Peart is Bonham.

CLASIKROKR

Reaction score
I voted Buddy Rich.

I do have a close encounter story with Buddy. When I was a senior in high school ,1979, a couple buddies and I went to see him in Ft. Wayne Indiana. We were drinking a couple on the way to the concert, when we got there, we all had to go to the "bathroom", the venue wasn't open yet, so we went around the building in the alley. As we were all peeing in the back alley, my buddy said check out that Mercedes, I said it was nice, and he said, NO, check out the licence plate. B-RICH is what it said, thats Buddies car!!! I WANT THAT PLATE!!! As we got a little closer, we saw that there we a couple of guys in the car, we walked up to it, and it was Buddie Rich and another guy sitting in it smoking a joint!!! We got his autograph on our high school "hall pass", never got his vanity plate, but I did steal his valve stem cap off his tire, don't ask me why, we were in high school and drunk!!!

And to this day, I still have both the autograph, and valve stem cap!!!!

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online