Neil Peart vs. Buddy Rich vs. Keith Moon vs. Elvin Jones vs. Phil Collins

well?

• Total voters

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I voted Buddy Rich.

I do have a close encounter story with Buddy. When I was a senior in high school ,1979, a couple buddies and I went to see him in Ft. Wayne Indiana. We were drinking a couple on the way to the concert, when we got there, we all had to go to the "bathroom", the venue wasn't open yet, so we went around the building in the alley. As we were all peeing in the back alley, my buddy said check out that Mercedes, I said it was nice, and he said, NO, check out the licence plate. B-RICH is what it said, thats Buddies car!!! I WANT THAT PLATE!!! As we got a little closer, we saw that there we a couple of guys in the car, we walked up to it, and it was Buddie Rich and another guy sitting in it smoking a joint!!! We got his autograph on our high school "hall pass", never got his vanity plate, but I did steal his valve stem cap off his tire, don't ask me why, we were in high school and drunk!!!

And to this day, I still have both the autograph, and valve stem cap!!!!

:grinthumb :bow: :drums:

Wolf

Reaction score
Not much of a Jazz fan but I think Buddy's in his own league especially what he get's done on just a few drum pieces. I'm guessing on a Jazz forum this is a shut out for Buddy.

Hardnecker

Reaction score
Agreed... or vice versa. Put Neil on Buddy's itty/bitty drum kit. That wwould also be interesting to see.

Neil has video's called Burning For Buddy that actually have him on a small kit playing jazz. He put together many of drummings best players for a tribute to Buddy. Youyube could have it. I have an audio cd of it and the liner notes regarding Neil's interaction with Buddy's family are really interesting. Sad they never collaborated. They are cut from the same cloth.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw a video on youtube a while back of him doing a Buddy Tribute concert/show. The vid I saw was like 8 or 9 minutes long, I think. But he's playing on a fairly decent sized drum kit. Still, it was very cool.

Hardnecker

Reaction score
The song Malignant Narcissism off of Snakes and Arrows has Neil on a five piece. Pretty cool short instrumental.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online