Neil Peart vs. Buddy Rich vs. Keith Moon vs. Elvin Jones vs. Phil Collins

well?

• Total voters

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Not much of a Jazz fan but I think Buddy's in his own league especially what he get's done on just a few drum pieces. I'm guessing on a Jazz forum this is a shut out for Buddy.

Gene Krupa would get a few votes if we added him in a jazz drummer poll along with Buddy Rich.

Wolf

Reaction score
Throw a couple in for Louie Bellson too the master and I think originator of the double bass:grinthumb but I think they all bow down to Buddy.

Gene Krupa would get a few votes if we added him in a jazz drummer poll along with Buddy Rich.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Agreed Wolf, and Billy Cobham would be another one. All of a sudden the depth of the jazz drumming fraternity is getting much deeper.:drums:

:D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I like Grand Funk...I take umbrage when people dismiss them out of hand, I grew up enjoying their music and still do.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
By far Peart .Moon was sloppy as hell..yeah he advanced drumming by creating rolls and fills that were generally not there in drumming at the time but he was not a tight time keeper.

The Professor

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
By far Peart .Moon was sloppy as hell..yeah he advanced drumming by creating rolls and fills that were generally not there in drumming at the time but he was not a tight time keeper.
This is something I've been saying for MANY years. People get all goofy over moon because of what an excentric weirdo he was (I truly think this was his biggest draw to some fans) and some of his solos were just wild. But keeping time was something he couldn't do for the life of him. Not so bad in studio, but on stage, he was incredibly sloppy. One of the biggest reasons I find Moon to be very overrated. That's not to say he sucked, but I truly do not believe he's worthy of the hype he's been given.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online