Most overrated drummer

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
IKeith Moon[/B] is EASILY the most overrated drummer in history.

He had an interesting style in that he followed Roger Daltrey's voice and it worked. The Who were an early heavy rock band, because they belted everything out, and Keith certainly made a contribution.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Dont' get me wrong, my saying he's overrated doesn't equate into "he sucked". He wasn't a horrible drummer, but is continually valued as one of the best ever and I don't see it or hear it. What I do hear is the guy was off-time, a LOT, especially in live performances. How the hell does the guy that keeps the beat get "off beat" on a regular basis and still be consider to be one of the best... that's where I call him overrated.

And I agree, what he did worked for the Who.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I would agree with Lynch on this one if Meg White didn't exist. People tell me all the time that she is talented..sorry, great band or not, she is terrible.

I always have to defend Meg and the thing is that I feel she is absolute perfect drummer for the White Stripes. With the raw, minimal style of the band Meg's simple drumming is the root that holds their songs together. Especially with the chaotic solos that Jack plays he needs someone to keep the beat without too many frills because any more complex drumming would just make the music sound cluttered or at least that's what I theorize.

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
Ginger Baker from Cream because his talent didn't match his ego.

Ginger Baker, from Mojo Magazine, UK:

"I do have a God-given gift that only a few drummers have. And it is a gift; it's not something you can work at. Keith Moon? John Bonham? No, I wouldn't put them in the same frame. They were drummers, but they weren't in any way exceptional in my opinion."

:zzz:

opera races

Reaction score
Maybe I'm imagining things but I'm pretty sure I just read an interview with Lars where he admitted himself that his drumming isn't all that.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
How the hell does the guy that keeps the beat get "off beat" on a regular basis and still be consider to be one of the best.

off beat? - compared to boring robot beats of Phil Collins? :wtf:

Moon was great - because he through away the text book...

the man invented beats.

Keith Moon was the most creative rock drummer ever.

:cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitewintermarket

Members online