Most overrated drummer

Archon

Reaction score
Who do you think is the most overrated drummer?

I'll go first.

Travis Barker. Whenever anyone tells me he is the best drummer ever I die a little inside:mad:

your turn.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I like Travis and what he does with such a basic drum set is pretty cool but yeah he is FAR from being the best drummer ever.

I'll have to ponder this a bit and get back to you on who I think is the most overrated.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Gonna get some smack for my choice...but Lars from Metallica is my pick.

Don't get me wrong he is okay but far from the best drummers in metal...so many Metallica fans always rush to his defense if you have that opinion.

Archon

Reaction score
Gonna get some smack for my choice...but Lars from Metallica is my pick.

Don't get me wrong he is okay but far from the best drummers in metal...so many Metallica fans always rush to his defense if you have that opinion.

I could agree with that. I personally just don't like him because of the napster incident.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
That is part of the personal side of things no doubt,,,but I just think there are far better drummers in metal bands than Lars, he's not terrible but I get irritated when their fans call him a "Great" drummer...not in my books.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Eh....Lars isn't a drummer with a whole lot of depth style wise. Like most of what he does is just abuse the double base peddle (one of the earliest drummers to do so if I have my facts straight) and just does a lot of average at best rhythms and everything....

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I agree Cosmic but I have had Numerous discussions with Metallica fans on Lars's ability...it's because of their lofty opinion of him I picked him as overrated.

Zombeels

Reaction score
I've seen people put Lars in top ten lists when he doesn't even deserve a top 200 list. He is not that good.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Exactly at that point I just Have to say something.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaldoFrey

Members online

No members online now.