Most Overrated Album Of The 80s

Tireman4

Reaction score
ComfortablyNumb:

I find it to be the one Metallica album that does not deserve all the praise it gets. Ride The Lightning is much better. And Justice For All could have been their best album if the production did not suck. Master Of Puppets is extremely overrated along with Reign In Blood. Reign In Blood though is much better than Master Of Puppets IMO.

I agree with you. Ride The Lightning is amazing. I find Master of Puppets just a little better, but we are talking a little bit. And Justice For All is a great album too. I agree with the production ( less bass and way too much bass drum), but the songs are long enough for my 7 mile runs. Reign in Blood ( or so I have heard), is not my cup of tea. Sorry, I am just not a Slayer fan. For those that are, very cool. I have tried. LOL

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
After reading this, Lynch, I absolutely have (or at least try) to listen to one of the songs on this album. Because your analogies are ... just too good. :lmao:

:cheers2

OK, just listened (can I call it that???) to Bone Machine. The poster's comment included "The album's unusual and offbeat subject matter includes references to mutilation and voyeurism; this is augmented by experimental recording, low-fidelity production and a unique drum sound." Uh, yeah. Experimental, low-fidelity, and unique all fit. This comment was definitely too kind. :pullhair:
sufficient to say that you weren't impressed? :D

ANF

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of Surfer Rosa either, but The Pixies did redeem themselves with "Doolittle".

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have to agree myself on British Steel, that is definitely NOT Judas Priests best album like so many crack it up to be.
Vengeance, Painkiller, Sad Wings, Sin After Sin, Point of Entry I prefer, I like British Steel but it isn't the best album they ever did.

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Appetite For Destruction. In my opinion, Guns and Roses is generally very overrated group. Those Slaughter, Harem Scarem or Twisted Sister should have earned more laurels than those, that went to G'n'R.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Northumberland, you and I don't usually disagree but in this instance I have to say that we do. I can't speak for Those Slaughter or Harem Scarem since I've never heard either but when it comes to Twisted Sister vs. Guns N' Roses then Guns is flat out the better band. Someone gave me a "Stay Hungry" and a greatest hits album for Twisted Sister a while back and I find all but a couple of the songs on them to be quite dull. With GN'R, especially with "Appetite For Destruction", they just have this mean, gnarly, relentless rock and roll style that still maintains a sense of melody that can appeal to people who usually aren't into such music and Dee Snider and his band just can't compete with that.

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Cosmic Harmony, you see, everyone - his own. To me, Dee by 3 heads above Axl (and as a singer and as the author). One of the "Guns", who is interesting to me - it's Slash. Sorry.2_sm5.gif

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Appetite of Destruction has no song on it that I can say I either don't care for or dislike, it is a brilliant rock n roll album from front to back.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online