Monumental Moments In Music!

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Well, they don't have to be monumental, I just like alliterating. But this thread is about sharing moments you've really enjoyed musically.

It could be playing a song yourself, seeing a live show, or even listening to a CD. Whatever, as long as you felt it was special.

I'll start with something that happened today, I was driving up to the Barossa to drop my friend back home (I got my P plates 4 days ago, this was the first time I went full speed on the highways) and I decided to turn the radio on. Instantly, Tom Cochrane's Life Is A Highway starts playing. It was perhaps the most appropriate song possible for the moment, and I had it on max volume!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Well, they don't have to be monumental, I just like alliterating. But this thread is about sharing moments you've really enjoyed musically.

It could be playing a song yourself, seeing a live show, or even listening to a CD. Whatever, as long as you felt it was special.

I'll start with something that happened today, I was driving up to the Barossa to drop my friend back home (I got my P plates 4 days ago, this was the first time I went full speed on the highways) and I decided to turn the radio on. Instantly, Tom Cochrane's Life Is A Highway starts playing. It was perhaps the most appropriate song possible for the moment, and I had it on max volume!

Cool idea Salmacis! Nice how coincidences like your story happened! Mine was seeing The Smashing Pumpkins in concert after never thinking I'd be able to ever see them in any form at all. In college, my friend called me and said they were playing in his state and if I wanted to go! I was like "Hell yeah!". It wasn't until the day before that I found they had canceled and shortly afterward was their breakup! I finally got to see them about a year ago in Connecticut and it was awesome! They played my favorite song Mayonaise and a great assortment of almost everything I wanted to here! Best concert ever for sure! :grinthumb

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
Like when I saw Lemmy and Motorhead live for the first time (saw them 20 times live!!!!!!!)......over MONUMENTAL!!!:)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My monumental time in music came the first time I heard Aerosmith. The first song I heard by them, that I can recall, was "Lord of the Thighs" back in 1974, and from that day I was hooked. This song is not only funky and bluesy, but it is completely different from any music of that time. It is off the "Get Your Wings" album :D

Lord of the Thighs

I have seen Aerosmith 5 times in concert, and I own the entire discography, including the Live albums :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Camping in a small town called Red Deer, the song "Get Back" was playing on our AM Radio(FM had not become big yet back in those days.). I can picture the moment clearly and it marked the start of my Passionate interest in not just listening to music, but getting my own albums and stereo to really enjoy them as much as possible. From that day forward I was destined to collect music and the electronics to play them.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
Considering the legend he has become, I guess you could call it monumental attending an early concert of young Frank Sinatra at the Golden Gate Theater in San Francisco when I was a kid. Frank was just starting out and the screaming and fainting hoax was in full swing. My dad took me and I didn't understand what all the commotion was about LOL He didn't do anything for me.

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Considering the legend he has become, I guess you could call it monumental attending an early concert of young Frank Sinatra at the Golden Gate Theater in San Francisco when I was a kid.

Yes, that would be monumental!

... and the screaming and fainting hoax was in full swing.

Hoax!? You mean you didn't think it was really happening?

:huh:

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
Listening to Hendrix and Iron Butterfly at age ten.

Many years later, seeing The Who and The Rolling Stones.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I went to an Alice Cooper show the day before my senior year of high school started last year. I wore my top hat and painted my face and everything even. The show was and still is the absolute BEST live show I've ever seen and I expected nothing less from Alice. At the end of the night I was half deaf (that would be the opening act, Cinder Road's fault), but I managed to meet Alice. He was the nicest guy I've ever met. He was so humble and respectful of a kid like me, it was unreal. He even signed my copy of "Along Came A Spider" and everything.

Truckin

Ride Captain Ride
Reaction score
Watching a video of Janis Joplin sing "Ball and Chain" at Monterey. The look on Cass Elliot's face in the crowd.. She looked like she was blown away. I know I was. Here's a video from 2 years later in 1969:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online