Monumental Moments In Music!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
There are so many so I may be returning on and off, here and there.

I'll start with hearing Bohemian Rhapsody on the radio for the first time. WOW!!

I was only 10 I think? That was something. :grinthumb

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
i got to see two of my hereos in concert at the same time. Not many people have or would ever likely get a chance to see these two on the same bill. I got to see Bob Dillon and Chuck Berry on the same bill. It was at Virgin Festival a couple of years ago in baltimore maryland. One of my guitar idols and one of my songwritng idols still had it at their age.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Chuck Berry is still touring actually. Albeit only in America, but still, the man is 83 years old!

What a legacy.

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
good job!!
Thanks, but now I'm remembering a few more lost, misplaced or stolen ticket stubs from AC/DC, UFO, Pat Benatar, Tom Petty, Journey, Supertramp and Jefferson Starship. :wa:

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
The most monumental moment for me was when I was at a live concert at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre, seeing God himself, Eric Clapton.

The most monumental bit of one of those concerts is, and this is something I can't explain, the crowd suddenly goes silent in anticipation for the song Layla BEFORE he plays it. I couldn't explain it at the time, but everyone knew what was coming before the first note was played. Absolutely sensational.

The other one was during a trip in 08 with my school to China. We stayed with an exchange host family, and my family decided that it would be nice to buy an album of "Western music" so I felt more at home. So I get in this random family's car, the put on the CD and I heard the iconic countdown into my favourite song of all-time, Taxman by the Beatles, which opens my favourite album, Revolver.. I thought that was pretty neat, a family I'd never met bought my favourite album before they'd even learned my name so I'd "feel at home"

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score
I do. I'm still ticked-off that all my ticket stubs from 79-83 are either MIA from a move, or were stolen at some point during the 80's. :mad:

Most notably, Jethro Tull, The Rolling Stones, Van Halen, Aerosmith and Neil Diamond. That's right... Neil Diamond. :eek:hyeah:

I have everything from May 1984 to the present, though. :)

That's cool KMET. I have most of mine since I began going to shows in 80. Some went MIA for various stupid reasons though. Initially they would just end up in my junk dresser drawer (at one time or another, I'm certain most of us had one of those) but I got serious around 83 when I visited one of my brothers friends. He began going to shows in 72 and he had every stub hung vertically in a row around the top of the walls around the room, like a beer can collection. Some choice concerts I might add. It was wild to see.

My cousin took his, also attending shows since 72, and arranged them in a picture frame, overlapping at right angles. Nice way to display them. In any case, seeing bunches of old stubs like that always elicits memories and wonderful conversation - $4.50 to see Elvin Bishop with Tom Petty opening the show?!?! Those were the days indeed.:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online

No members online now.