Micheal Jackson Music & Performance (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: The Official Micheal Jackson Music & Performance Appreciation Thread

Last time I looked Paul was the wealthiest musician in history, so I think he is doing just fine for himself.

Really? Here I thought that was Gene Simmons, what with him inventing music, the devil horns, marketing, the patent office, breathing, Donald Trump's hair, mascots, schools, the metric system, tongues, Scientology, the snuggie, uncomfortable moments at summer camp, and all of the other countless things that Gene has under his belt. :D

Anywho back on topic, Michael Jackson is for better or worse one of the single most influential men in music. He paved the way for limitless other artists over the last fifteen to twenty years that are sort of trying to be the next Michael Jackson. Dancing really didn't have the roll in pop music that it does today until MJ, music videos weren't elevated to the level of importance that they (used to) have before him, and a number of other things outside of just his music itself.

I really am very impressed with music and in particular his singing (as a singer to a singer). After all, he was basically baptized in singing and performing and it really did show in his professionalism and work ethic.

What I think I'm most saddened by though is how what seemed like the entire populated world made him out to be a laughing stock in the years leading up to his death but the day that he died he suddenly went from the world's most famous (alleged) child molester to the world's greatest performer ever. After throwing his musical legacy to the curb for years to focus on his trainwreck of a personal life the two's importance was flipped and multiplied numerous times over. The fickleness of it just sickened me really...

Here's another favorite of mine anyway:

Terra812

Reaction score

Dancing really didn't have the roll in pop music that it does today until MJ, music videos weren't elevated to the level of importance that they (used to) have before him, and a number of other things outside of just his music itself.

I really am very impressed with music and in particular his singing (as a singer to a singer). After all, he was basically baptized in singing and performing and it really did show in his professionalism and work ethic.

As far as the dancing goes... MJ completely out does any other dancer in his videos. His moves are just so crisp and perfect. Sure he was a perfectionist when it came to his music and dancing and probably spent more time practicing than the other dancers in his videos... but even in his live videos his backup dancers can't hold a candle to his moves.

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score

Michael Jackson is one of the most widely known entertainers in the world.He dealt with serious psychological problems, but what musician doesnt. We love Ozzy Osbourne. I am not a head doctor but i am convinced he is schizophrenic. The man snorted his own urine. We love Vince Neil but if he was anyone else he would be in jail for manslaughter. I think michael has been a whipping boy and exploited his whole entire life. Just look it has family riding his coat tails. Just to think Joseph Jackson didnt even want michael in the group. It was first called the Jackson 4.

He is one of those rare artists that have truly timeless music. Even if you are not a michael fan there is no denying this man was i a once in a lifetime talent.

great cover. His vibrato is breath taking.

Made it his own.

shows you his diversity is songs

eddie van halen must have been high when he turned michael down to be in the video.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

Really? Here I thought that was Gene Simmons, what with him inventing music, the devil horns, marketing, the patent office, breathing, Donald Trump's hair, mascots, schools, the metric system, tongues, Scientology, the snuggie, uncomfortable moments at summer camp, and all of the other countless things that Gene has under his belt. :D

Hater! eyebrow.gif

Lynch

Reaction score

I don't care for much other than the Thriller & Off the Wall albums but By far my favorite:

State of Shock was a GREAT song and by far my favorite Jackson(s) tune with the whole family (at least most of them). I remember buying that Jackson - Victory album and I think after listening to it maybe twice, the only song I listened to on it after that was this tune. :p

Lynch

Reaction score

Lynch is right on target, it was about business not music or personal relations between Paul and Michael. From what I remember when they were recording "Ebony & Ivory"

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!?

(huh? ... ferget it, he's rollin')

Stevie is NOT impressed.

steviewonder.jpg

:oyea: :cheers2

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

@ RT and Lynch-I'd never heard that track! Thanks! :grinthumb I liked it!

@ Feldster-Good picks! Jackson 5 made a lot of great Motown tracks! I have their hits collection along with Micheals!

@ Cosmic-Great points Cosmic! It was sad how people come around when people die. I think we've all been guilty of a MJ joke or two or at least chuckling at one (before it got old to do either especially) but the sadness came from seeing someone go out on such a low note.

@ Terra-You are completely right about him making dancing in music important!

@ Greg-You are completely on the ball about your comparisons of insanity. What it comes down to is this! No one wants to throw any musician under the bus who they've spent a lot of time listening to and enjoying. Once the investment is there you'll usually defend there actions to the death while another artist will just become a punchline for the same actions. It's a musical hypocrisy but it's common as hell!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Micheal Jackson-Micheal
image7023214.jpg

This will be the official first single on Micheals new album! It's a duet with Akon and was chosen by Micheal to be the first single off of the album before he died!

Hold My Hand

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

"Dangerous" is my favorite album cover. The artwork is fantastic! This was the first album to break the 40 min/10 song formula and come in at 77 minutes/14 songs.

Michaeljacksondangerous.jpg

This album also won a Grammy award for Best Engineered Album.........which also goes to show that Michael surrounded himself with some of the best people in the business. It was reported that Micheal earned 175 million from album sales alone, and the following "Dangerous World Tour" proceeds were given to charity. This album was the fastest selling album by MJ and the fastest selling album in music history.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online