Marillion (Official Thread)

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Re: Marillion!

Stout said:
2. Afraid of Sunlight
5. This Strange Engine

Those are the only two albums I don't have by Marillion might have go get them now. While I don't agree, I like Fish, I do agree the H era has been fantastic. I listen these days to more H Marillion then Fish Marillion. I also agree Steve Rotherey is a very underated guitarist. I've never even seen him on a list of great guitarists. I've seen Marillion a bunch of times now(both acoustic and electric).

In honor of this thread I'm going to play Marillion all day. Lets see how many albums I can get thru. According to my ipod I've got 228 songs to get thru and you know they aren't 3 minute songs. :tongue:

Last edited:

mattquarterstein

Autumn Wanderer
Reaction score

Big Marillion fan, more Fish than Steve Hogarth, though H has some beautiful songs (my favourite album from his era is probably "Holidays In Eden").

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I have been picking up some Hogarth era Marillion albums the last couple of months, I love the early incarnation but many fans of theirs have convinced me to give the later albums a listen.

Only thing I need is the time to get to everything, there is never enough anymore.

b.o.b.

Reaction score

Brave and Afraid of Sunlight are the best Hogarth era Marillion albums IMO.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I have Afraid of Sunlight Bob, so I'll play it next.

Marbles

Reaction score

The two recent double albums, Marbles (2004) and Happiness Is The Road (2008) take some beating, in my book - and I've been following the band since 1983.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

A good friend of mine got me into Marillion. I've been growing more and more fond of them the more I listen. Very talented group of musicians.

Plus, Steve Hogarth is one foxy looking man:

Music_Portraits_MarillionsSteveHogarth_1997.jpg

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I have been giving Marillion a spin. Fish era is my favorite. Fish wrote some really great heartbreak lyrics and Mark Kelley's keyboard work is breathtaking! These elements of Marillion are especially evident in "Misplaced Childhood".

I saw where MP posted "Lavender" already, which to me is a song that goes side-by-side with "Kayleigh"

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online