Shania Twain (Official Thread)

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Nice one Lynch, conveniently left out the first bit :heheh:

But come on, it is a FACT Shania Twain is fully hot. If Jimmy Page looked like her I'd be saying the same thing :heheh:

LyricalLaurel

EΔЯ ЯESPOИSIBŁE, too!
Reaction score
Glad I found this thread, ILJP. I do enjoy Shania and I am surprised she has only 4 albums out!

I enjoy a lot of country music as long as there isn't too much "twang". The country of yesteryear - not so much. And it seems several, if not many, country stars are starting to mix it up, as well as the more traditional rockers smoothing it down to ballads, etc.

I see this more with newer artists, of course - they can take the gamble and not have their fans in an uproar! :lmao:

And yes, she is a beauty. As is Faith Hill, IMO.

:D

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
I do get a kick out of the lyrics for "That Don't Impress Me Much"...

Okay, so what do you think you're Elvis or something... :D

Also did that show of personal documentary series of hers post divorce ever take off? I was going to say "reality TV" but somehow I didn't think it qualified as such.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Nice one Lynch, conveniently left out the first bit :heheh:

But come on, it is a FACT Shania Twain is fully hot. If Jimmy Page looked like her I'd be saying the same thing :heheh:

If Jimmy Page looked like her, we'd have other issues going on. :heheh:

And I agree Laurel. I can't believe she's only released four albums as well. She's sold more than any other female country artist and has one of the best-selling albums of all time in that short amount of time. I'm not sure, but I believe I read somewhere that she's most likely releasing a new album in the next year or two. If memory serves me well I think she had a single out recently or coming soon.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I do get a kick out of the lyrics for "That Don't Impress Me Much"...

Okay, so what do you think you're Elvis or something... :D

Also did that show of personal documentary series of hers post divorce ever take off? I was going to say "reality TV" but somehow I didn't think it qualified as such.

I didn't know she had anything like that out...:hm:

I think she was so devastated by all the events in her personal life she had to put it all behind her as much as possible. She doesn't seem like a "Reality Show" celebrity to me. There was a nice biography about her a few years ago I think it was a Canadian television production that followed her from the small town in Ontario where she grew up to the international star the whole world knows. Also seeing she's been inactive like Jen mentioned this would help explain why she's been out of the public eye for so long and is ready to come back now and resume her career. Although I don't think she'll ever match the success of her smash hit album, that is a once in a lifetime achievement.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
You're right LG. I've never got the vibe from her that she's fame-driven and needing to keep in the spotlight like reality stars do. Actually, from seeing her Behind the Music episode I've come to the conclusion that she's actually a humble person from humble beginnings.

I think the whole fallout with Mutt Lange and his cheating ways really did a number on her.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
I didn't know she had anything like that out...:hm:

I think she was so devastated by all the events in her personal life she had to put it all behind her as much as possible. She doesn't seem like a "Reality Show" celebrity to me. There was a nice biography about her a few years ago I think it was a Canadian television production that followed her from the small town in Ontario where she grew up to the international star the whole world knows. Also seeing she's been inactive like Jen mentioned this would help explain why she's been out of the public eye for so long and is ready to come back now and resume her career. Although I don't think she'll ever match the success of her smash hit album, that is a once in a lifetime achievement.
It was this show:

It looked to be a more personable documentary rather than sensationalist which reflects her down to earth demeanor.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Yeah that's the way I look at it too. She's got too much class to be anything other than genuine.

I think this is just a "Hello, been busy with stuff, but I"m Back and making music again.":D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online